You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General confirmed next

If to be in guns you had to have it in your contract that you couldn't have side projects or release solo albums we would have so much material.

Even if they didn't release any of it imagine how much shit there would be to have leaked over the years (if we were lucky)

If there ever is another album and I doubt there will be, i expect it will be made up of say 3 Slash songs, 1 Duff song, 4 songs that Axl has had for years & two covers. I did hear about a year ago they covered Children Of The Revolution in I think 2019. MSL would know if that's true more than I (I assume). I guess the other cover would be Lineman or Slither.

Oh well at least were getting The General soon.

Also anyone heard updates about this Schenker album that both Axl and Slash are supposed to be on?

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

Duff has been doing a bunch of interviews recently and this is the only one in which he talked about GN'R in this way. And the "new GN'R album" bit is not even in the headline of the article, so it doesn't look like deliberate clickbait and it hasn't been picked up by any Blabbermouth type site either (which is telling about how much of a shit media gives about new GN'R music - the days that this would be big news seem to be long gone). But it's possible that he was paraphrased or misquoted (it's Daily Express, after all).

Most band members are capable of working on both GN'R and side/solo projects. Slash and Duff don't put too much thought into it. They write the songs, record them, release them. Duff said he wrote about 60 solo songs during Covid.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Also anyone heard updates about this Schenker album that both Axl and Slash are supposed to be on?

No updates, except that if we believe Eddie Trunk, the track Axl recorded on is a cover.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Scabbie wrote:

If I recall one of the reasons Jason left Metallica is that he had a side project on the go and James wasn't happy about it. Great albums don't happen by mistake - band members need to be focussed.

Literally what happened with the new Stones album; Mick set them a deadline.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Unfortunately for us 'deadlines' isn't something Axl has any awareness of!

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

Duff has been doing a bunch of interviews recently and this is the only one in which he talked about GN'R in this way. And the "new GN'R album" bit is not even in the headline of the article, so it doesn't look like deliberate clickbait and it hasn't been picked up by any Blabbermouth type site either (which is telling about how much of a shit media gives about new GN'R music - the days that this would be big news seem to be long gone). But it's possible that he was paraphrased or misquoted (it's Daily Express, after all).

Most band members are capable of working on both GN'R and side/solo projects. Slash and Duff don't put too much thought into it. They write the songs, record them, release them. Duff said he wrote about 60 solo songs during Covid.

Duff doesn't get to choose the article headline.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Slash just announced tour dates for his solo act from January - April. Doesn’t sound like he’ll be in the studio for the first half of 24

Sky Dog wrote:

Maybe DJ Ashba will come back for the studio work!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

DJ Ashba must be the worst "famous guitarist" of all time. He is to guitar what Vince Neil now is to vocals.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Edit - As Randall said….Slash just announced a SMKC tour, Jan through April…..so GnR downtime for first half of next year at least.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-fea … world-tour

Board footer