You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: The General confirmed next

FlashFlood wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Edit - As Randall said….Slash just announced a SMKC tour, Jan through April…..so GnR downtime for first half of next year at least.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-fea … world-tour

I find it interesting it’s not in support of a new album. Maybe his studio time was spent doing Guns… though I guess they may not be mutually exclusive.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

Duff has been doing a bunch of interviews recently and this is the only one in which he talked about GN'R in this way. And the "new GN'R album" bit is not even in the headline of the article, so it doesn't look like deliberate clickbait and it hasn't been picked up by any Blabbermouth type site either (which is telling about how much of a shit media gives about new GN'R music - the days that this would be big news seem to be long gone). But it's possible that he was paraphrased or misquoted (it's Daily Express, after all).

Most band members are capable of working on both GN'R and side/solo projects. Slash and Duff don't put too much thought into it. They write the songs, record them, release them. Duff said he wrote about 60 solo songs during Covid.

Duff doesn't get to choose the article headline.

Sure, but like I said, he has done a bunch of other interviews and in none of them has he talked about GN'R. I think it's as simple that he was asked in this interview and and replied like this - maybe the actual question was as vague as the answer.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Edit - As Randall said….Slash just announced a SMKC tour, Jan through April…..so GnR downtime for first half of next year at least.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-fea … world-tour

I find it interesting it’s not in support of a new album. Maybe his studio time was spent doing Guns… though I guess they may not be mutually exclusive.

Slash has already recorded a new solo album with guest singers (he has announced that it's coming out in 2024) and probably plans to tour in support of it after the SMKC tour.

AtariLegend wrote:

If this isn't floating online by the weekend, I'd start to get worried it was delayed or not happening.

I'm surprised it isn't already, someone is bound to have a copy this close to release.

Even modern video games frequently end up floating around within weeks of release.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Blackstar wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Also anyone heard updates about this Schenker album that both Axl and Slash are supposed to be on?

No updates, except that if we believe Eddie Trunk, the track Axl recorded on is a cover.

I think Schenker mostly does covers for his solo stuff or at least a lot of them. He did cover Hair Of The Dog a few years ago. I'm more intrigued as to if Axl might be one of the guest vocalists on Slash's next solo album. Apart from that pop star (I forget her name) Slash was pictured with Steven Tyler in a studio so I expect him to be one.

Shacklermyrye

Fan cover that's pretty decent

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

On Mygnr one user said that the German GNR store says the vinyl is shipping November 3, a week late. A UK user said their order still shows October 27th. Another user (don't know which country) said they got an email from Universal saying their Perhaps magic 8 ball, originally scheduled to ship October 27th, will not ship until December 1st. Looks like the speculation about possible delays had merit.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

On Mygnr one user said that the German GNR store says the vinyl is shipping November 3, a week late. A UK user said their order still shows October 27th. Another user (don't know which country) said they got an email from Universal saying their Perhaps magic 8 ball, originally scheduled to ship October 27th, will not ship until December 1st. Looks like the speculation about possible delays had merit.

I think this leaves room for a digital release sooner than later

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

https://loudwire.com/duff-mckagan-recal … olo-album/

Even Duff's pancreas must be getting bored by now.

Shacklermyrye

Uk still says 27th, Probably just a supply issue in Germany

Board footer