You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: What song do you want to hear most?

elevendayempire wrote:

That's neat. Could you chuck over the full audio of the instrumental?

Yeah it's done, soundloud link here http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 88#p349788

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Did we ever come to consensus on whether Me And My Elvis was Bucket or Robin? I was sure it was Bucket, as was most of this forum if I remember correctly, but VoodooChild on Mygnr insists it's Robin, saying the "wah" parts are definitely his. I recently listened to the Ghost Of Mars soundtrack, and the song Power Station, which features Finck but not Bucket, does have similar sounding guitars in some parts.

Raven5790
 Rep: 0 

Raven5790 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Did we ever come to consensus on whether Me And My Elvis was Bucket or Robin? I was sure it was Bucket, as was most of this forum if I remember correctly, but VoodooChild on Mygnr insists it's Robin, saying the "wah" parts are definitely his. I recently listened to the Ghost Of Mars soundtrack, and the song Power Station, which features Finck but not Bucket, does have similar sounding guitars in some parts.

[/embed]
Cool song btw.. it sounds like classic Robin tune.. I believe too most of Elvis and the others locker songs has more Robin than Bucket on it..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

[/embed]

It sounds exactly like Bucket in the 2000s. The other main instrumentals (Dub, Devious, Sorry) are obviously Bucket/Giant Robot..and so is Prom Violence and the Shackler/Realdoll sketches. I'd wager my left nut Zodiac is also Giant Robot.

No offense to Voodoo child.... always liked the guy...used to post here occasionally...but it's always a small handful of Fincksters who try to credit him with other instrumentals.

I'm not buying it.

It reminds me of the Fortus brigade in the 2000s grasping at straws trying to credit him with other musicians parts on the leaks to justify their fandom. It took Fortus saying it wasn't him over and over again to put an end to the nonsense.

Edit

One more thing...

The song title... including the other titles...is totally a Bucket thing. It's why I never considered it a Finck song. Might as well say Prom Violence is Finck too.

Edit 2

No offense to Raven. You're new so you might not realize my "Fincksters" comment isn't meant as a dig. It's what I call hardcore Finck fans...and called em that at both Finck forums I was on in the 2000s.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

[/embed]
Yeah def Robin as is Oklahoma. I don’t hear Bucket on any of those tbh

Those songs predate Bucket, and it’s pretty apparent when he shows up. If May is on Atlas and Catcher, CD and TWAT it’s possible he hadn’t added HIS parts yet.

Phrozeninfuego
 Rep: 1 

James wrote:
Frozeninfernot800 wrote:

I honestly just want to hear nightr in 2001 rerecord... The wttj leak was ace.

Or realdoll.

Good to see you here.

Good to see u here also, and neemo and other users from the past.

Anyone know if the general phone snippet and evader clips are real?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Hi big_smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:
James wrote:
Frozeninfernot800 wrote:

I honestly just want to hear nightr in 2001 rerecord... The wttj leak was ace.

Or realdoll.

Good to see you here.

Good to see u here also, and neemo and other users from the past.

Anyone know if the general phone snippet and evader clips are real?

Yeah they're both real. Phone snippet a shit quality recording from an after party where they played new songs and Evader cleaned it up and then worked his magic.

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think Bucket is on Elvis at all. It's just too short a turn around from when he joined and the mixing date (around the same as atlas/catch) make it fairly unlikely.

Also Finck is a pretty good guitarist, even though there still seems to be alot of denial here about it.

I'm sure a killer version with Bucket might exist, but it's not on the rough mixes.

Board footer