You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: The General confirmed next

BLS-Pride wrote:
younggunner wrote:

What are everyone's expectations of The General?

Never gonna live up to the hype. I almost expecting one verse being looped with a non catchy chorus. But who knows. Maybe I'm wrong.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

KV pops up every now and then... usually when a song comes out.

younggunner wrote:

In my youth...my expectations were through the roof.

Now? Just expecting a decent song... somewhere between Riad and Madagascar quality, if we're lucky.

Thank God it's so close.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
younggunner wrote:

Never gonna live up to the hype. I almost expecting one verse being looped with a non catchy chorus. But who knows. Maybe I'm wrong.

What's up BLS!

I'm hoping there is some good lyrical substance and not looped like you mentioned.

James wrote:

KV pops up every now and then... usually when a song comes out.

younggunner wrote:

In my youth...my expectations were through the roof.

Now? Just expecting a decent song... somewhere between Riad and Madagascar quality, if we're lucky.

Thank God it's so close.

I hear ya. Glad it's finally here.

Pepe666
 Rep: 0 

Pepe666 wrote:
younggunner wrote:

Something in between Sorry and Prostitute. A good song, nothing earth shattering.
Its mythology is based in ONE quote by Baz, we are guilty for feeding this monster.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Pepe666 wrote:
younggunner wrote:

Something in between Sorry and Prostitute. A good song, nothing earth shattering.
Its mythology is based in ONE quote by Baz, we are guilty for feeding this monster.

Brain, Dizzy, and Beltrami all have mentioned the General in a favoring light. I don't think anyone based all their hype on something only a lunatic like Bach said.

But I agree. The hype is self created. Much like a lot in the gnr fanbase.

Phrozeninfuego
 Rep: 1 

James,

Since I stopped using msn messenger I lost touch with everybody, Including Mr brownstone), plus  life also got in the way.

younggunner wrote:

BP and I took the train to go see VR's first show in NYC. Good times.
Lost touch with him. Didn't he move to Greece?

That's awesome.
I don't know if he moved to Greece or Dallas.
But I went to see gnr last month Sept 26th San Antonio, I was in the merch line and I saw a guy that looked just like him heading towards the arena.. (was he like 6' 5?) it could just be my mind messing with me.)

Youngunner,
My expectations on the general... are super low.... but I'm still excited though. And I know I'll dig it... honestly I'm not sure if it will even be released, gnr is freaking weird.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:

James,

Since I stopped using msn messenger I lost touch with everybody, Including Mr brownstone), plus  life also got in the way.

younggunner wrote:

BP and I took the train to go see VR's first show in NYC. Good times.
Lost touch with him. Didn't he move to Greece?

That's awesome.
I don't know if he moved to Greece or Dallas.
But I went to see gnr last month Sept 26th San Antonio, I was in the merch line and I saw a guy that looked just like him heading towards the arena.. (was he like 6' 5?) it could just be my mind messing with me.)

na he was either my height (6'1) or slightly shorter.

I guess life happened and we lost touch.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Peak forum moment for me was all of us watching the Rio 2012 I think together on the live stream. It was so awesome, the yellow rain jacket show lol. Funny as hell how much shit we talked them. There was maybe 20 of us watching it live together commenting on each song. I think this was she show Axl forgot the lyrics to NR.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I am a huge fan of Baz.

But I think his comments on CD songs need to be taken in context - he is a fanboy for Axl himself and rightly so seeing as they are buddies and hang out and Axl is a leader in his craft.

But I mean one of his best mates, who he admires and looks up to, and who works in the profession he also works in plays him some songs - while they are hanging out having a good time -  all it takes for him to be impressed is the song to have a grandiose style (certain with the synths) and for Axl to do some impressive vocal lines or screams (pretty much par for the course with 1999-2009 era Axl).

So yeah...I think Baz was right in what he said at the time in that situation...but I dunno if that's going to translate into happiness for fans who have built a 20 year mythology around the song and filled the absense of activitiy and PR with their own hopes and dreams.

I'm not sure there is any song that can drop now which will please those people. The idea of a mystery song is better than any song that surfaces. Especially given all these songs on these albums seem to be genre-blending-bending-experiments that simultaneously excite then subvert your expectations.

Myself I will be pleased if we get some vintage Axl screams and some cool Slash solos. I think it will be good cos stuff retouched from that era has been good. But I also don't expect it to top the best of the best stuff either.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nothing will ever match the mind melting disappointment some fans had over Prostitute 16

Board footer