You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: Post UR top 2 Favorite Gnr forum moments

harmon420 wrote:
James wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
James wrote:

Razz only had the clip.

Good to see you back.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, god knows there's so much new music to talk about, but that Razz clip was mid 2006?

I think it was April-May 2006. Not very long after the CITR leak.

Hard to believe it's going on 18 years since those leaks. That's frightening.

So much wasted time now that we've heard the Village sessions and know what was basically finished by 2001. Those leaks and the mercurial nature of the hardcores are the only reason the album didn't sell 28k it's first week. Despite the band's talking points memo, the leaks kept what little interest was there burning for all that wasted time.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

A highlight for me was when Izzy joined Twitter a few weeks prior to the first NITL Troubadour gig to let everyone know he wasn't involved. It was hilarious to witness because there was just so much doubt about the accounts authenticity. He posted a GNR cover band video, tweeted one of the guys in Cheap Trick to tell them he'd bought a computer and was now avacado farming, and he took forever to actually prove that he really was Izzy. We had a lot of fun with the memes for a week or two then Izzy finally dropped a cover video (and his choice of song was superb 16).

Since then he's only tweeted once or twice per year to wish everyone a happy holidays and say thanks for birthday messages, and he deleted all his old tweets. Wish he'd stuck with the idea of covering songs on Youtube (he's since deleted those videos too lol)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:

Razz only had the clip.

Good to see you back.

Thanks and thanks

It is crazy how its been another 15 years without an album.

Hey Dave...good to see u

That shit was crazy, u were one of biggest Axl diehard supporters and they treated u like hot garbage...its like wtf is this band all about

Sky Dog wrote:

Money ?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Money ?

Lol well back then we thought they cared about being the most badass rock band in history who cared about fans over everything else

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Dave, sky dog and me go back even further than the explosion of GNR forums if you can believe that

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dave, sky dog and me go back even further than the explosion of GNR forums if you can believe that

In RL? Or a previous internet obsession lol

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It was on the RollingStone message boards. They don’t even exist anymore. But it was like Facebook before Facebook for young Gen X, just a huge community. We were regulars on the GNR board

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

I remember when that RS GNR forum got shut down because someone posted Beta's person  information.

Those were the crazy days, remember how they had those AFD pics and Axl blocked out everyones face but his lol

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Neemo wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:

Razz only had the clip.

Good to see you back.

Thanks and thanks

It is crazy how its been another 15 years without an album.

Hey Dave...good to see u

That shit was crazy, u were one of biggest Axl diehard supporters and they treated u like hot garbage...its like wtf is this band all about

That is when I learned the second you criticize the band for the smallest thing or if you don't believe the lies the band points out there, then they will turn on you.  I still found it funny when that "list" leaked out, my name was on it lol

MSL told me that management asked about me, if I was a source any of the leaks and he said nah he is just a huge fan lol

Board footer