You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Re: The General and Monsters

Miguelox26 wrote:

the end of the general with axl singing super high pitched with slash they make a duet that I had forgotten, outstanding!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
younggunner wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:

This also explains why State of Grace was abandoned and never mentioned by the GNR camp.

It's similar to both but the inferior track.

Warming up to The General.

Soul Monster is a beast. 9

I would like the general more if the mix was better

Supposedly, Nando commented on Reddit that the vinyl was delayed due to the poor quality. This is probably from the vinyl. Hopefully the final version is better

from mygnr...

Before the thread got taken down on Reddit, Fernando commented this "It was held back due to the very bad quality of the vinyl we first received and we finally got it to the right spot."

If you look on his profile the comment is still there. I'm guessing what we are hearing is rips of these poor quality vinyls that have been rejected

That pisses me off.

Why couldn't he just tell us this shit as it happens? He could've instantly had fans on his side and the meltdowns yesterday completely avoidable.

Shit quality vinyl is becoming an issue...one reason speculated is that these companies know that the majority never actually listen to the vinyl they buy.

In other words....I believe him. He just handled it the wrong way.

Phrozeninfuego
 Rep: 1 

2006 live intro ....
https://youtu.be/AJVl8YYGd90?feature=shared

Is it just me or does that melody appear in both new leaks?

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:

2006 live intro ....

I hear it in both aswell. I feel like both are suppose to be one song but they split it into two for some reason

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:

2006 live intro ....

I hear it in both aswell. I feel like both are suppose to be one song but they split it into two for some reason

Oh they are both one song for sure
I  think its missing a solo in the middle or interlude like silkworms had

If these are the slash versions, there is probably a BH solo on the OG that  is in the middle of the two songs

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

Ok, so..

What a great Turn today from complete fuck off to TWO new songs ?

And contrarily to most posts i read i fuckin love the General!! Really atmospheric and a killer chorus. I‘m kinda missing the orchestra, but it seems to be buried there.

Monsters has to be Soul monster. I‘m not so much into it yet as a whole , but the bridge is really the meanest axl has ever sounded if you ask ne!

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I'm not sure Monsters is "Soul Monster.

What the hell was Me and My Elvis from the locker leaks then?

It's a crying shame if that remained an instrumental but it's possible

He mentions Monsters and Soul in the song.

It's Soul Monster.

We may never know what Elvis really was. As you know, I had reached the point where I don't even think that was GNR. It's Giant Robot/Bucket.

Maybe a clip from that instrumental was used in an early version of Soul Monster before he finally added vocals and the song titles were briefly merged.

Yes it was a beautiful instrumental. Crisp...razor sharp...another reason I think it was Bucket.

All those BH songs on those village leaks were just BH left over stuff from his solo albums he brought to GNR that Axl never used

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
WARose wrote:

Ok, so..

What a great Turn today from complete fuck off to TWO new songs ?

And contrarily to most posts i read i fuckin love the General!! Really atmospheric and a killer chorus. I‘m kinda missing the orchestra, but it seems to be buried there.

Monsters has to be Soul monster. I‘m not so much into it yet as a whole , but the bridge is really the meanest axl has ever sounded if you ask ne!

I think what most people bash the general for is the mix. Its all over the place.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
WARose wrote:

It has to be. Not sure why so many... especially on mygnr...act like it can't be.

He says both words in the song.

It flows almost seamlessly with The General...the other Beltrami songs may do this as well.

Yeah...Axl's description of Soul Monster vocals fit.

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:

2006 live intro ....

Oh they are both one song for sure
I  think its missing a solo in the middle or interlude like silkworms had

This reminds me of the interludes worked on back then but never mentioned again.

The way these songs flow makes it a bit more understandable how he initially wanted certain songs on a second album.

I wish we could've got the real album before it all went to shit. It would've been different than that Best Buy beer coaster we got.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:

supposedly the final mix has been leaked. I cant find it though

Board footer