You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gnrlionsfan1991
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

Phrozeninfuego wrote:

Someone on YouTube uploaded both songs . And it did sound better. I didn't have time to rip. Does anyone have t? If so please pm me

Likewise, would be much appreciated

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:

They're catchy in a morbid sort of way.

The transition from the intro verses on Monsters to the chorus is really sloppy, the chorus itself is quite repetitive. Axl has doesn't like alternating lines on his choruses which I think he should start looking very seriously at what he is doing in that regard. He also struggles with bridges. Both "The General" and "Absurd" are just transparent changes into different songs which completely disconnect you from the experience. I'm sure I could dig up others. As Duff said, if the bridge isn't good, why have a bridge?

Both of these songs have problems in the structure department but at the same time they really shine because they're not crammed full of shit like most CD songs. You can hear finish the "daddy doooooon't" or nice searing guitar line unobstructed by a bunch of shit.

I think The General sounds like a perverted nursery rhyme. When his voice gets filtered, they should've had one of the gaps being girls playing patty cakes and the other gap being a false ending and double drum kick. They did a similar thing on the finished version of If The World. I have no clue what the hell they're doing on that outro though.

I'd love to read the lyrics, my old ears can't put up with 10 repeat listens like they used to.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
James wrote:
Saboteur wrote:

has something leaked?

The General
Soul Monster

Both links in the OP.

Everyone get em while they're hot because I'm not leaving it up indefinitely.

Thanks. The General is better than I expected, love it.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I'm on the opposite side of the fence from almost everyone else on these. I really like The General except there's too many effects on Axl's voice on the bridge & chorus. I like nothing about Monsters besides the lyrics.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

wagszilla wrote:

he should start looking very seriously at what he is doing in that regard.

Deep cut comment there lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Do not post those fan edit "final masters" here. I just checked mygnr and it's one of their loons doing it so he can spam his channels/discord everywhere.

Not gonna promote him here.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Looks like the real versions are finally being removed from YouTube and Spotify.

Gonna remove them here shortly.

Gnrlionsfan1991 wrote:

Wow I missed a lot today. Where did these drop?

Here! In this thread! Check the OP.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Finally listened. The General is a big WTF for me.

But Monsters... there's a good tune. Slash being tasty at around 2:00 mark. But Damm Axl coming in at 2:50. That's the Axl I need. The song is a bit catchy too. I'm digging it. Digging Slash at the end too.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I'm on the opposite side of the fence from almost everyone else on these. I really like The General except there's too many effects on Axl's voice on the bridge & chorus. I like nothing about Monsters besides the lyrics.

I don't know what side of the fence I'm standing at the moment. They both sound like crappy songs after a first listen. Will have to see if they get any better over time, lol

Couso
 Rep: 1 

Couso wrote:

These are fucking great

Monsters sounds like a satanic T rex

Fucking amazeballs

Dark original and brilliant

Board footer