You are not logged in. Please register or login.

shutout52
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

shutout52 wrote:

Through one listen, I'm... not a fan.

The storage leaks made me build expectations up so much in my mind. With all the verbal hype around The General for so long, I was hoping for something on the level of Elvis/Oklahoma/Atlas and... well...

It's a disappointment. I'm glad I didn't pre-order the vinyl.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

Vocals are center-channel on both tracks, so they can be mostly-isolated. They are very clear on Monsters. On The General, they are about 60% clear, going into effect-mode in the "My only regret" and "Of those who" sections. I think that was intentional, and clear lyrics aren't meant to be heard. Could be wrong.

I got most things wrong with the rebuild, but am pleased with what I thought I heard of the vocal melody. Playing one on top of the other, the screaming section almost kinda sorta sounds almost sorta similar. Almost.

Glad these are out. Hopefully my anxiety level will return to normal.

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:

It's a shame we don't have a new album or another locker sized leak.

I'm tired of the guessing game of who played what, when, and so on. It'll be interesting to go through all the material, compare different versions, and digest the lyrics but the slow drip feed thing is torturous and partly why they're probably having difficulty moving units. You can't build momentum when you're always coming to a dead stop.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
Couso wrote:

These are fucking great

Monsters sounds like a satanic T rex

Fucking amazeballs

Dark original and brilliant

This is where I'm at currently. When I downloaded them I listened to the start of Monsters on an Alexa device and I was very much 'wtf is this?'. Mild panic ensued that both were awful, but listened on headphones and liked them more and more with every listen.

These are not radio tracks, that's for certain. They're not going to catapult the band back to mega hype, but I love them. Dark and moody and full of emotion and aggression. Far better than most of the stuff on CD.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Me and My Elvis always struck me more as the way they described Seven tbh

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
evader wrote:

Vocals are center-channel on both tracks, so they can be mostly-isolated. They are very clear on Monsters. On The General, they are about 60% clear, going into effect-mode in the "My only regret" and "Of those who" sections. I think that was intentional, and clear lyrics aren't meant to be heard. Could be wrong.

I got most things wrong with the rebuild, but am pleased with what I thought I heard of the vocal melody. Playing one on top of the other, the screaming section almost kinda sorta sounds almost sorta similar. Almost.

Glad these are out. Hopefully my anxiety level will return to normal.

Now that we've heard it, you did a remarkable job with what you had to work with.

benny

benny wrote:

Any word on a digital release date?  Would someone please PM me links where I can download these?

Clear

Clear wrote:

After many listens The General has grown on me, they get better, and I think that Slash's parts are good, they fit and there is no cut. So maybe all was re-recorded or it isn't Slash which sounds less likely to be true..

Anyone got the lyrics?

Couso

Couso wrote:
busngabb wrote:
Couso wrote:

These are fucking great

Monsters sounds like a satanic T rex

Fucking amazeballs

Dark original and brilliant

This is where I'm at currently. When I downloaded them I listened to the start of Monsters on an Alexa device and I was very much 'wtf is this?'. Mild panic ensued that both were awful, but listened on headphones and liked them more and more with every listen.

These are not radio tracks, that's for certain. They're not going to catapult the band back to mega hype, but I love them. Dark and moody and full of emotion and aggression. Far better than most of the stuff on CD.

Agree

Phrozeninfuego

Evader, do you have a SoundCloud page or link to all your edits? Good job on monsters. 9

Board footer