You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General and Monsters

evader wrote:

Vocals are center-channel on both tracks, so they can be mostly-isolated. They are very clear on Monsters. On The General, they are about 60% clear, going into effect-mode in the "My only regret" and "Of those who" sections. I think that was intentional, and clear lyrics aren't meant to be heard. Could be wrong.

I got most things wrong with the rebuild, but am pleased with what I thought I heard of the vocal melody. Playing one on top of the other, the screaming section almost kinda sorta sounds almost sorta similar. Almost.

Glad these are out. Hopefully my anxiety level will return to normal.

Dude think i got one word right. "Monsters" I was right about the drums though.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
evader wrote:

Vocals are center-channel on both tracks, so they can be mostly-isolated. They are very clear on Monsters. On The General, they are about 60% clear, going into effect-mode in the "My only regret" and "Of those who" sections. I think that was intentional, and clear lyrics aren't meant to be heard. Could be wrong.

I got most things wrong with the rebuild, but am pleased with what I thought I heard of the vocal melody. Playing one on top of the other, the screaming section almost kinda sorta sounds almost sorta similar. Almost.

Glad these are out. Hopefully my anxiety level will return to normal.

Now you can have fun remastering these lol

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Finally got to hear in my headphones and definitely sounds like Slash. The poor vinyl sound hits right from what I’m hearing

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

At first I was like 'this is a demo from the locker leaks' but then I clearly heard Slash. After I heard the explanation about the bad pressings causing a delay, I 100% believe these are the bad pressing leaks. Anyone that's listened to a worn out vinyl could hear the resemblance with this leak. Similar to a worn out tape.
I predict the official version we get will have the vocals sounding a lot cleaner, with more overall clarity.
That said, I have played both tracks probably 20 + times since I got home from work. Amazing!

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
shutout52 wrote:

Through one listen, I'm... not a fan.

The storage leaks made me build expectations up so much in my mind. With all the verbal hype around The General for so long, I was hoping for something on the level of Elvis/Oklahoma/Atlas and... well...

It's a disappointment. I'm glad I didn't pre-order the vinyl.

Look on the bright side, this is the slash and duff version, the Bucket/Finck version is probably much different.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:

I just wish/ hope the final version is mixed better. It's too sloppy in certain parts for both songs

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

The general reminds me a lot of Korn!

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Pretty underwhelmed.

Why is Axl so off-key on the chorus of Monster?

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Pretty underwhelmed.

Why is Axl so off-key on the chorus of Monster?

Axl is off key in a lot of the CD songs, but the mixer just fixes that
This mixer (Caram?) didnt

Obkenobi
 Rep: 0 

Obkenobi wrote:

Cant find monsters

Board footer