You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

I wouldn't put it past them to put these out.

These are certainly not line out audio rips taken from loose vinyl. So they're either 1.) old and it's from a gentleman collector with a cunning sense of timing, 2.) an insider leak used as a blocking strategy, 3.) a quasi-insider leak from somewhere in the supply chain.

Imagine if there are the DJ Ashba versions LOL  jk.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

The General is fucking perverse, Axl's wails along with Slash shredding are great, and the horror movie melody is pure Buchethead, like Shackler Reven or Sorry, Slash has done a very good job instead of Buckethead because that smells like chicken !

If the first part is the current band, I would assume that shredding is Fortus and not Slash.  If it is Slash then why cant he shred like  that live on TWAT lol

Pepe666
 Rep: 0 

Pepe666 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

These are certainly not line out audio rips taken from loose vinyl. So they're either 1.) old and it's from a gentleman collector with a cunning sense of timing, 2.) an insider leak used as a blocking strategy, 3.) a quasi-insider leak from somewhere in the supply chain.

The best thing about the reunion was not that we got to see our Idols together, but that we will never hear anything DJ Ashba recorded with GNR. I can just imagine it and it makes me cringe.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

It's a silver lining that the locker wasn't full of Ashba and Bumble versions.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
benny wrote:

I can't get these on my phone either.  Too many popups.

Firefox Focus is your friend

Izzyjim

Izzyjim wrote:

Edit: posted twice, please ignore/ delete this

Tmgladden

Tmgladden wrote:
Pepe666 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

The best thing about the reunion was not that we got to see our Idols together, but that we will never hear anything DJ Ashba recorded with GNR. I can just imagine it and it makes me cringe.

If I remember correctly he never recorded anything in his time with guns

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Where did these 2 leaks pop up first? Just an anon poster?

They leaked here. The OP of this thread.

Good to see you back.

Yeah... where's Mike Clink indeed...or anyone who could mix this properly.

, this feels like a genuine gift to the hardcore fans and a bit of a bow on the CD era. Who knows whether we actually get Atlas in the future, or more CD era goodies like SOG, but we've basically gotten all the 'big guns' of CD2.

I also think this release is wrapping up the CD era. I'm hoping for one more but it's doubtful.

There's two big guns left...

Oklahoma and Seven

After that it's Slim Pickens....

13822.jpg

Phrozeninfuego
 Rep: 1 

Hey, don't bash dj ashba. Ballad of death and his version of better (the email leaks from long time ago?) are fkin epic.

Did anyone get to rip the unofficial Acapella general that was on SoundCloud? Now those have been taken down. Please pm me if u have it

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

There is absolutely nothing on these 2 songs that Slash couldn’t play. Jesus, this stuff is way below Anastasia on difficulty level.

Fortus recording a solo for GNR? That would be a first. Great player, shit writer.

Board footer