You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlrosenberg
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

axlrosenberg wrote:

So the links are down already... anyone got a new one? Or can DM me the songs? Feeling desperate here!

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Where did these 2 leaks pop up first? Just an anon poster?

They leaked here. The OP of this thread.

Good to see you back.

Yeah... where's Mike Clink indeed...or anyone who could mix this properly.

, this feels like a genuine gift to the hardcore fans and a bit of a bow on the CD era. Who knows whether we actually get Atlas in the future, or more CD era goodies like SOG, but we've basically gotten all the 'big guns' of CD2.

I also think this release is wrapping up the CD era. I'm hoping for one more but it's doubtful.

There's two big guns left...

Oklahoma and Seven

After that it's Slim Pickens....

https://wearysloth.com/Gallery/2017/P/13822.jpg

I have a feeling that Oklahoma will be one that gets carried forward as it predates CD.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

Monsters is kind of catchy lyrically, but The General is complete trash. Sorry, it's almost as bad as Absurd.

Phrozeninfuego
 Rep: 1 

A user on SoundCloud who got his "monsters" upload removed got a message that said copyright claim id "the general" from universal music group. I think this officially means the general and monsters are one song. But the original ripper must have deleted the long outro of the general..(intro to monsterS) or there is none.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Phrozeninfuego wrote:

A user on SoundCloud who got his "monsters" upload removed got a message that said copyright claim id "the general" from universal music group. I think this officially means the general and monsters are one song. But the original ripper must have deleted the long outro of the general..(intro to monsterS) or there is none.

I recieved the same notice when i put the 2006 tour intro on youtube a while back. The strings part in Monsters is the same as that so that could trigger it i guess

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Anyone with a helping hand to pm me?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James wrote:

they’re discussing these leaks on HTGTH. I thought in the past any discussion about leaks was forbidden. I could be wrong though.

If he stopped discussion on this set of leaks right now it would probably kill what is left of his forum.

They're probably coming out soon anyways...so why not let them discuss it?

Most likely this. The board is active for once, so might as well let it ride.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I like both songs. I don’t think Slash or Duff are on these. My 2 cents.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

monsters, on the other hand, is pretty fuckin' awesome. easily my favorite of the "new" songs we've heard since slash and duff came back. it's catchy as hell, has great guitars, and some of axl's best vocals since the 90s. "soul monster" is a way cooler name than just "monsters", but whatever. kick ass song to have right before halloween. i'm throwing a party tonight and monsters will definitely get played on my system - maybe even a few times depending on much bourbon gets consumed. this one gets a strong 8/10 for me.

I was thinking about the tie in with Halloween too. Figure the 10/27 release date would’ve been on purpose to try and capitalize on extra sales. Not that it would’ve made a huge difference but you might have had some random people purchase a song with Monsters in the title just before Halloween. Chances are less likely on 12/8.

nolifish
 Rep: 0 

nolifish wrote:

Sure would love to these songs. PM anyone?

Board footer