You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: The General and Monsters

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

The orchestra sting on "The General" is the bridge, not the intro like I suspected. I'm not sure it works for the beginning of the bridge but the ending of the bridge is pretty satisfactory.

If "Monsters" is "Soul Monster", someone try to listen for Robin's SRV solo Axl mentioned.

Edit: It could be the solo 2:00-2:15 but I'm no SRV expert

Axl never said nor implied that Soul Monster was the song with the SRV solo. Forum myth.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

The orchestra sting on "The General" is the bridge, not the intro like I suspected. I'm not sure it works for the beginning of the bridge but the ending of the bridge is pretty satisfactory.

If "Monsters" is "Soul Monster", someone try to listen for Robin's SRV solo Axl mentioned.

Axl never said nor implied that Soul Monster was the song with the SRV solo. Forum myth.

Yeah he just said it was on one song

I think we need to re-think some of the things we all assumed. I mean The General strings being split into two songs that may or may not have been one song at some stage is not a curve anyone saw coming at all.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Any ideas on how the leak surfaced? Is what we are hearing likely to be the final version?

Hopefully it's never public knowledge who leaked them. No sense burning that bridge.

Yeah... while I do understand the curiosity since there's always craziness surrounding leaks, in this case I think we're better off letting the sleeping dog lie and just being grateful we got it right as the fan base was having a collective conniption fit from hell over the vinyl fiasco.

The fact that it leaked here... although not the first song to leak here... hopefully not the last...is intriguing. That guy/girl could have literally posted it anywhere...mygnr, bad Apples, HTGTH, Hoffman, torrents, discords, social media platforms...yet they chose Evo.

https://media.tenor.com/kgkOYXBJnZMAAAA … -eddie.gif

Agreed. & a big thanks to who ever it was.

Has TB hassled you about this at all? What else leaked here way back?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

CD myths/fan fiction almost deserve their own section like CD Whispers.

SRV Soul Monster
Axl Soul Monster vocals in 2007
Me & My Elvis definitely Soul Monster

Shit ton of examples.

It's no one's fault. Stuff just gets repeated so often across these forums and they become "fact" over time.  The fact we rely on 15-20 year old content with no updates makes it worse.

James

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Hopefully it's never public knowledge who leaked them. No sense burning that bridge.

Yeah... while I do understand the curiosity since there's always craziness surrounding leaks, in this case I think we're better off letting the sleeping dog lie and just being grateful we got it right as the fan base was having a collective conniption fit from hell over the vinyl fiasco.

The fact that it leaked here... although not the first song to leak here... hopefully not the last...is intriguing. That guy/girl could have literally posted it anywhere...mygnr, bad Apples, HTGTH, Hoffman, torrents, discords, social media platforms...yet they chose Evo.

Nope. They've never talked to me. I think they got the message back in the day when there was that attempt for the forums to all unite to ban/censor MSL to prevent leaks and I said they could fuck off.

Plus we were known back then as the outlaw forum and I said many times I was not for sale...don't give a fuck about "perks" such as emails and backstage passes.

Im pretty sure chicken dinner leaked here. Some of the Village discs might have or maybe hit the discord first. Not sure.

Some of those 2007 leaks hit our old forum (ROV) first.

Didn't that Walker guy leak a couple songs here years ago and everyone jumped his ass over the YouTube stuff?

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
James wrote:

Nope. They've never talked to me. I think they got the message back in the day when there was that attempt for the forums to all unite to ban/censor MSL to prevent leaks and I said they could fuck off.

Plus we were known back then as the outlaw forum and I said many times I was not for sale...don't give a fuck about "perks" such as emails and backstage passes.

Im pretty sure chicken dinner leaked here. Some of the Village discs might have or maybe hit the discord first. Not sure.

Some of those 2007 leaks hit our old forum (ROV) first.

Didn't that Walker guy leak a couple songs here years ago and everyone jumped his ass over the YouTube stuff?

the best thing about you and this forum is it was the only true forum for the fans that didn't kiss the bands or TBs butt for speical perks. Its why this is the only GNR forum I go to anymore.

James

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

I think we need to re-think some of the things we all assumed. I mean The General strings being split into two songs that may or may not have been one song at some stage is not a curve anyone saw coming at all.

I kinda saw it coming...not to this extent though.

When we heard Hard School and it had a sample of Eye On You pasted in, I knew they had started cannibalizing songs at some point. If they did it once, they probably did it more.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I kinda saw it coming...not to this extent though.

When we heard Hard School and it had a sample of Eye On You pasted in, I knew they had started cannibalizing songs at some point. If they did it once, they probably did it more.

Also they need to think about Axl singing  these songs live, does Axl really want to have to get through another 10 min song each night
if he spits the songs up, it could make it easier for him to sing. that is also probably why HS has that mini solo at the start to break up him having to sing so many lines in a row

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It could have been that they were always meant to bleed into each other. Those orchestrations were really long and intricate

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Just poking my head in here to say I’m happy this forum and James are still around. I remember the excitement in the lead up to 2008 and being a goddamn kid on here.

Good to see you back! Had it not been for you, I probably would still never have watched The Sopranos. I remember considering it in 2008 and you really lobbied hard for me to move it up my Netflix DVD queue.

I should've sent you a message on mygnr but I don't like asking people to come back here. 16 I figure if people want to come back, they'll come back.

At least your user name/password worked. Site has a glitch where it locks you out of your account if you've went years without logging in.

Netflix DVD queue! Damn, that was a lifetime ago. Glad you gave Sopranos a shot. The AIM days if I recall correctly. lots of discussion about Guns, MIA Modesto and Soundgarden lol

Evo looks to be thriving too which is great.

Board footer