You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

Sky Dog wrote:

Ha….

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Izzy must be busy doing donuts around his house with a dirt bike.

Seriously, what is this guy up to? Seems he is not married and he hasn't released a solo album since 2010.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I think the General is clearly the best. Axl's vocal lines are badass. With some decent production and better guitar parts it has great potential. I surely hope these songs do not have Slash on them. The guitar work is pretty meh as it stands.

My first thought was that Monsters will be spliced onto this song as a type of Rocket Queen outro. I don't see any other way they could be combined. If so, I am expecting a pretty epic song to come out of it. Both of the songs have very good melodies from Axl, but the production is a mess. Feels aimless. Combine them somehow, some kickass guitar parts from Slash, and you have a monster.

The guitar and bass on Monsters sounds like slash and duff, they sound like music from a VR song
hell the bass in Monters sounds like slither in parts.

I would be shocked if Monsters wasnt slash and duff.  Sure Robin sounds like slash on some of the Village stuff like in Oklahoma but I dont hear any BH on Monsters which would be off.

The odd thing is The General sounds more like the 1999 band than the current one but that could be Fortus doing the shredding.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

I know the final version will be better. I'm sure.
But i have the perception that these songs, including perhaps, state of grace, Atlas etc are leftovers... Worse level than CD songs.
If this is the case, please leave them and hopefuly they should focus to create new songs together cause i don't feel these songs are at the level of Big guns. They are very overall in my opinion

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

It seems Axl is mumbling something else during the verses of the General. Can anyone make it out?

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Big Guns could be going down or a new version of Oh My God... But this is weird....

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I think the General is clearly the best. Axl's vocal lines are badass. With some decent production and better guitar parts it has great potential. I surely hope these songs do not have Slash on them. The guitar work is pretty meh as it stands.

My first thought was that Monsters will be spliced onto this song as a type of Rocket Queen outro. I don't see any other way they could be combined. If so, I am expecting a pretty epic song to come out of it. Both of the songs have very good melodies from Axl, but the production is a mess. Feels aimless. Combine them somehow, some kickass guitar parts from Slash, and you have a monster.

The guitar and bass on Monsters sounds like slash and duff, they sound like music from a VR song

I would be shocked if Monsters wasnt slash and duff.  Sure Robin sounds like slash on some of the Village stuff like in Oklahoma but I dont hear any BH on Monsters which would be off.

The odd thing is The General sounds more like the 1999 band than the current one but that could be Fortus doing the shredding.

It sounds like Slash and Duff at parts, but the overall sound does not mesh with their other releases. This sounds very 1999.

It would also make sense for the hoarders to offload some old tracks about to lose value. It makes less sense for somebody to gain access to recordings from 2019. The band are not leaking these.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Haven’t heard The General but I love Monsters. Absolute ear-worm.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It sounds like Slash and Duff at parts, but the overall sound does not mesh with their other releases. This sounds very 1999.

It would also make sense for the hoarders to offload some old tracks about to lose value. It makes less sense for somebody to gain access to recordings from 2019. The band are not leaking these.

It would be funny if it was not Slash on Monsters since I have said oh its his best guitar work on these CD era re-releases lol
If its not him and we get another version and its crap like HS and Perhaps, Ill be even more disapointed lol

But I think the guitar and bass on Monsters sounds very VRish all the way through.  It would be funny if Tommy wrote a bass line like in  Slither all the way back in 1999.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
WARose wrote:

It seems Axl is mumbling something else during the verses of the General. Can anyone make it out?

What part? Can you give the lines you are talking about

Board footer