You are not logged in. Please register or login.

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

Re: The General and Monsters

darknemus wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

This fanbase and mental illness, name a more iconic duo. I'll wait.

I mean, you can't really argue cold hard facts.. just sayin' (And hey, I freely admit my on the spectrum ADHD ass is part of that wonderful combo.. lolz)

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:
darknemus wrote:

And hey, I freely admit my on the spectrum ADHD ass is part of that wonderful combo.. lolz

One of us, one of us. I read a bunch of books on the subject earlier this year. I'm doing a much better job of managing it now. Always a challenge though.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Well it's here lads.. There were people who thought this song could be The General and for me this just confirms it....Just listen.

[/embed]

The next William Hung. 16

I don't tend to watch reaction videos but good god... I lay down serious money to watch Axl react to that video. big_smile

But seriously Wagzilla and neemus are right. This fanbase has it's fair share & I guess I must be one.

Sky Dog wrote:

It’s an everyday event where great artists, while writing, change their mood, their lyrics, mix match, guitar tunes etc. Dig in to Bob Dylan’s catalog and hear multiple versions of his most iconic songs.

darknemus

darknemus wrote:
wagszilla wrote:
darknemus wrote:

And hey, I freely admit my on the spectrum ADHD ass is part of that wonderful combo.. lolz

One of us, one of us. I read a bunch of books on the subject earlier this year. I'm doing a much better job of managing it now. Always a challenge though.

Yep.. I tell my other half all the time that I won't allow myself to be medicated because i've become SO USED to how I think / process information that I fear medication would literally change my perception / thought processes. The very specific (if twisted / backwards to a lot of people) mental processing I do is what allows me to play poker as well as I do and be creative in business - I'm just used to me and don't want to not be me at this point.. lol. Plus, she loves me for all my idiosyncrasies, so its all good.

Oh yeah, add to everything else I'm left handed.. so... i'm a total clumsy dork, too.. lol.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

Anyone mind hooking me up?

Thanks in advance.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sandman wrote:

Anyone mind hooking me up?

Thanks in advance.

143e42b4-476d-4a57-bd73-6d392d857a9a_text.gif

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:
darknemus wrote:

I'm just used to me and don't want to not be me at this point.. lol. Plus, she loves me for all my idiosyncrasies, so its all good.
Oh yeah, add to everything else I'm left handed.. so... i'm a total clumsy dork, too.. lol.

Self acceptance is all apart of the journey. Glad to hear you got a good lady. I’m left footed and right handed. Im sure all things considered, God wired me different.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Clear wrote:

In TWAT Axl sings very low at one point ("There was a time" I think), it's relatively buried and It wasn't in demos, I can see that being added later during recording

Edit: I'm also wandering if Quick Song was used in Monsters as you talked earlier?

Dont forget there are like 50 versions of song

Even look at the title track and how many slight vocal versions there are of it.

The first first leak we got, that had just the lower axl voice and with the head was your ass ending
then we had the one where he added the higher vocal over that version with the with your arms reach up for your help ending
plus we have the ones on the village where its the same vocal track as the first leak but has the talking in the intro

Just because the hey hey may sound different on perhaps does not mean the main vocal track isnt different

Like you said in TWAT its the same vocal take except Axl had an overdub for the wrong time part of the chorus, it does not mean the whole vocal track is different

darknemus

darknemus wrote:
wagszilla wrote:
darknemus wrote:

I'm just used to me and don't want to not be me at this point.. lol. Plus, she loves me for all my idiosyncrasies, so its all good.

Self acceptance is all apart of the journey. Glad to hear you got a good lady. I’m left footed and right handed. Im sure all things considered, God wired me different.

Lol.. I tell this woman daily "I have no idea how the hell you deal with me on a daily basis, because I'd kill me" lol. I'm basically 'always on'.. and that can be difficult to deal with if you don't know me... from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed I'm basically like an 8 year old who ate a box of honey smacks.. - makes  for a fun life, that's for sure smile

Board footer