You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven76
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

Seven76 wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

I understand the new direction Axl wanted for GNR and Fink, BH etc fit perfectly to that nu-metal, industrial rock, electronic elements... Those songs such as Better, SR, HS, Absurd, OMG... All those songs with this people and a good final mix are great. But if you take them and allow Slash &. Duff change the structure, the solos... They are not great like before.
That's the problem with the leftovers in my opinion.

Yeah, definitely Slash n Duff are not animals for this type of songs, Slash feels lost in them eg Silkworms... Loved the last Bumblefoot version

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Oh the wrong time part, I was more talking to the other guy, meaning just because one tiny part of the song may have a new vocal overdub, does not mean the whole vocal track is new

The more important thing is we don't know if those new 'overdubs' were taken, simply, from alternate takes during the original recording sessions. That's why I PERSONALLY don't think we've heard any post, let's say 2002 or so vox on ANY of the CD material or leaks we've had our hands on thereafter. Obviously I don't have much to draw that conclusion from except for the perceptible change in how he sounds on "Angel Down" and, later, "Rock the Rock"..

I could very well be wrong, like I said, its just my opinion - the problem is we don't have enough of a data set to form a more conclusive one, at this point in time.. who knows, though smile

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:
darknemus wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Oh the wrong time part, I was more talking to the other guy, meaning just because one tiny part of the song may have a new vocal overdub, does not mean the whole vocal track is new

The more important thing is we don't know if those new 'overdubs' were taken, simply, from alternate takes during the original recording sessions. That's why I PERSONALLY don't think we've heard any post, let's say 2002 or so vox on ANY of the CD material or leaks we've had our hands on thereafter. Obviously I don't have much to draw that conclusion from except for the perceptible change in how he sounds on "Angel Down" and, later, "Rock the Rock"..

I could very well be wrong, like I said, its just my opinion - the problem is we don't have enough of a data set to form a more conclusive one, at this point in time.. who knows, though smile

Is Rock the Rock available anywhere?

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:
benny wrote:

Is Rock the Rock available anywhere?

Yeah, its all over Youtube - i.e. https://youtu.be/-ThR644Iikw

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
darknemus wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The newest Axl vocals we know 100% are new are the rock the rock song from loony toons

Also the whole thing about the perhaps vocal track, isn't really when any new vocals are from, but if its the same basical vocal track or if it was an alt take of the vocals.

The main vocal track in perhaps released with slash and duff on to, sounds exactly the same to me as the  leaked version with BH and Robin.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

We will have a better understanding of how he sounds in a studio now when this song from the Michael Schenker album either leaks or is released. Due somewhere in first quarter next year.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I still can’t get over what a colossal clusterfuck this entire release has been. Why would you tack on two of the most sought after and anticipated tracks of the CD era to a B-side for a vinyl single? They’re better than Hardskool and way better than Absurd. The press was great for Perhaps, he has goodwill with the media, The General would have been heralded because of the child abuse aspect. Whoever is making these decisions needs to step back and get someone in there who has an actual plan and knows how to execute it.

The leaks were the only good thing that came from this. They screwed up every step of this process. They can blame the vinyl plant, but these songs should never have been released like this to begin with

Sky Dog wrote:

No fucking doubt!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

I still can’t get over what a colossal clusterfuck this entire release has been. Why would you tack on two of the most sought after and anticipated tracks of the CD era to a B-side for a vinyl single? They’re better than Hardskool and way better than Absurd. The press was great for Perhaps, he has goodwill with the media, The General would have been heralded because of the child abuse aspect. Whoever is making these decisions needs to step back and get someone in there who has an actual plan and knows how to execute it.

The leaks were the only good thing that came from this. They screwed up every step of this process. They can blame the vinyl plant, but these songs should never have been released like this to begin with

Has it been confirmed Monsters is on the vinyl too?

Sky Dog wrote:

Not to my knowledge but it is registered with SESAC

Board footer