You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: Better Video

Scabbie wrote:

All of a sudden I'm remembering an advert (Harley d?) with better but it got replaced for paradise city

The sheep video's yeah i remember those, probably have them somewhere.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Weird

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

All of a sudden I'm remembering an advert (Harley d?) with better but it got replaced for paradise city

Yep..an early sign that the possibility of a 2006 release had been shit canned.

The Better/Lars/Fernando fiasco was a sign that TB's reign would be amateur hour on a permanent basis.

mrcaptain666
 Rep: 0 

mrcaptain666 wrote:
Pennywise wrote:

this is the original folder stolen from the design studio that made the video. https://we.tl/t-h0nSkNyEnE

Thank you buddy!

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Yup the original ad had better.

https://youtu.be/V1F49RKNWgA?si=MHwyoXt9e_aOQFDY

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:

The Better video is class. Axl looks so happy and there is no cooler man alive than Jesus era Robin Finck.

I would have loved a lineup of Axl, Slash, Duff, Finck, Fortus, Brain and Melissa.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

busngabb wrote:

The Better video is class. Axl looks so happy and there is no cooler man alive than Jesus era Robin Finck.

I would have loved a lineup of Axl, Slash, Duff, Finck, Fortus, Brain and Melissa.

I don't think you were ever going to get a three-guitar line-up with Slash involved.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Never should have ever had three guitars if you ask me.

Given CD songs were rare live I would have put Richard on rhythm and had all leads played by Buckethead (and subsequently Bumblefoot after Bucket was driven out).

If we wanted to keep robin around for his CD leads - then have him on Rhythm instead of Richard and just let him do the occasional solo (like how Slash does with Richard now).

One of the main problems with the CD era band was the under-utilisation of bumble/bucket - GNR is a guitar oriented music for a good part of their catalogue and it just wasn't done justice a lot of the time with Robin.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

One of the main problems with the CD era band was the under-utilisation of bumble/bucket - GNR is a guitar oriented music for a good part of their catalogue and it just wasn't done justice a lot of the time with Robin.

This is where the big mistake came in keeping the name. I think they would have had a lot more success without trying to stick to the GNR name. They clearly wanted to move in a different direction at the time, yet it looked like they were constantly weighed down by justifying the music and the lineup to the AFD/UYI fanbase. They could have been as experimental as they'd liked under their own name. Axl could also have jumped back into GNR any time he liked, without even needing to break it up either.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah watching stuff like Rio and House of the Blues the band really comes alive on the CD songs.

I think the 2002 line up was just not the group to do AFD and UYI hits, but they needed to do them because they were GNR.

In a way it would have been nice if GNR had maintained with the UYI line up, and all subsequent Snakepit/VR/Slash stuff could be their future albums along with the more "classic" sounding Axl songs like TIL, Street of Dreams and Twat.

Then Axl could have done an industrial side project with pitman, buckethead and Robin busting out stuff like Silkworms, Shacklers, Oh My God etc. I'm sure some people still wouldn't like it, but I think as a sort of semi-underground side project for hardcores it would have been well respected.

Reminds me of when Michael Hutchence did an underground Electronic/Punk record called MaxQ without breaking up INXS.

Some INXS people loved it, some hated it, it got a small amount of public traction due to his fame but the style wasn't mainstream for the most part - yet it didn't really detract from the monster that INXS was at that time either.

Board footer