You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:
seba1186 wrote:

if these are real jp cd rips, they ussualy get extra songs in albums, idk the reason.. maybe they get Monsters and that explains the JP only CD exclusive release..

The reason why japan gets extra songs is bc they pay for more CDs/albums so bands put extra tracks on their verisons so they just dont import the cheaper  US versions.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

What are these links?

Supposedly rips of the Japanese 'Perhaps' CD single release. But they don't sound any different to the leaks and some claim they aren't even the same quality rate as each other, so can't be from the CD. Who knows.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
unlucky777 wrote:

those files are 48000Hz (like the leaks). they did not come from a CD

Could have just been ripped like a retard y'know.  127kbps isn't quite What.cd standards...  Do kids even know what a cd ripping is??

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

unlucky777 wrote:

Exactly this.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

The more I listen to all of these Chinese leftovers that Slash and Duff have worked with, the more it's clear these are bang-average songs that were left off the album for good reason. Perhaps is the cream of the crop by some distance of the 5 we have now heard completed for me.

I'm also increasingly baffled they didn't prioritise Atlas and State of Grace as well - I think they could be quality songs.

What a massive letdown "The General" is.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

The more I listen to all of these Chinese leftovers that Slash and Duff have worked with, the more it's clear these are bang-average songs that were left off the album for good reason. Perhaps is the cream of the crop by some distance of the 5 we have now heard completed for me.

I'm also increasingly baffled they didn't prioritise Atlas and State of Grace as well - I think they could be quality songs.

I still think Perhaps is rubbish. Worst of the bunch. Monsters is fantastic to my ears though.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

Wouldn't say garbage, but it gets old pretty fast. Monsters is best of the bunch, still can't stop listening to it

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Shacklermyrye wrote:
unlucky777 wrote:

Exactly this.

If these are the final mixes i'm not very happy with them. Specialy with the bridge of The General. Also the last 30 seconds of It are chaotic.
I prefer Monsters. Anyway... I would like these not to be the final versions.

Seven76
 Rep: 0 

Seven76 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I think Demos are way way better than Official Releases even though the low quality sound. Those like me who waited for original CD2 as it was planned we'll never have the chance to enjoy it. CD era was conceived for experimental freaking mix of guitars and electronica. As. Much as I love Dlash n Duff, not animals for That cage IMO

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

carlossacanell wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
unlucky777 wrote:

Exactly this.

If these are the final mixes i'm not very happy with them. Specialy with the bridge of The General. Also the last 30 seconds of It are chaotic.
I prefer Monsters. Anyway... I would like these not to be the final versions.

Monsters sounds great to me. The General needs work i think vocally with the mix. I get if the distortion is a choice on the vocals,it was for Hardskool too and worked even less than general. It's subjective & for me these last 3 songs destroy Absurd and Hard skool tbh.

that zip file is BS and just the leaks, fucked with and thrown in a zip file i think. I do think the actual versions will sound pretty much like the leaks though.
In probably 2 weeks we will all have FLACS for these songs and can then judge better.

Board footer