You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Farosellin
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

Farosellin wrote:

Anybody out there kind enough to DM ‘Monsters’ to me?

Thanks!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
otto wrote:

I have a theory about the bad mix:
The General was a Brain song and he is featured on it with drums and loops.
The mix has the "feel" of modern hip hop/trippy songs similar to the material he and Melissa have been working on.

My theory is that he was the main influence on the sound for this song, as Axl pointed he still involved anyway, and it was thrown as a B Side (even if such things don't exist anymore) to gather interest and feedback on a loopy sound for GNR.

And maybe this will drive the next endeavors...

This is really an interesting idea, because it was all definitely intentional

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Any examples of trip hop with intentionally shitty mixes?

I  didn't realize that was some sort of element of the genre.

I guess Portishead is doing it wrong.  16

Sky Dog wrote:

Thinking outside of the box!!!!

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

I have a theory....

Monsters is Axl's goodbye. His swan song. he "released" this song to the fans as a final parting gift.

the lyrics are directed at the fans, at least partially.

he released the songs he wanted to get out. the reunion tour was milked for all its worth. their live performances are no here near as good as they were 6 years ago. mostly because of Axl, but there is an energy that was missing on this tour among the entire band. still a good show, and very profitable, but they have lost their fire, and they all probably know it. Axl has little desire to create and release new music.

this is their way of going out on top.

music was always there for him. he took that responsibility seriously as referenced during live performances in the 90s, and he was there for us. but it's over now.

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash is on the road through April. No indication Guns has any plans in 2024….unless I am missing something?

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

sandman wrote:

I have a theory....

Monsters is Axl's goodbye. His swan song. he "released" this song to the fans as a final parting gift.

the lyrics are directed at the fans, at least partially.

he released the songs he wanted to get out. the reunion tour was milked for all its worth. their live performances are no here near as good as they were 6 years ago. mostly because of Axl, but there is an energy that was missing on this tour among the entire band. still a good show, and very profitable, but they have lost their fire, and they all probably know it. Axl has little desire to create and release new music.

this is their way of going out on top.

music was always there for him. he took that responsibility seriously as referenced during live performances in the 90s, and he was there for us. but it's over now.

I think It makes sense.
Probably they are taking a break. Maybe a long break.
But i hope they release more music in the future

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

I think is positive for us they stop touring. They will have time enough to create new music. And knowing Axl they will do un the distance...i mean Slash comes with a riff, send to the rest of the guys and they can work at their time.
Not only new music but the old CD songs.
Who knows if this is their last tour even they release new music. Or maybe they will tour just when they have a new album. So i think is positive. I was tired of this endless tour...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I agree with the above. Surely no schedule is more likely to produce some studio time than being on the road constantly. All of this comes down to Axl and what he wants to do. They just released a couple of songs, maybe he's found the taste for it again.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

lol, Axl ain’t gifting the fans shit. There will be no sentimental send off. When he’s done, he’s gone.

Board footer