You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General and Monsters

Not my version so I have no more info on it, but at least the artwork seems right lol

IMG-3376.jpg

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

After a week+, it just doesn't resonate with me.  It's clear to me there are two types of sounds Axl was working on during the CD era and the two disk option definitely makes sense now that we've experienced a large amount of songs created/worked on post Slash and Duff's departure. 

Real CD Songs should have been:

Oh My God
CD
Shacklers
If the World
Perhaps
Absurd
Scraped
The General
Riad
IRS
Madagascar
Monsters

That's 12 songs that include that industrial style sound and vocals Axl wanted, and together feel similar enough to be included on an album.

He then could have released CD2 with:
Better
The Blues (SoD)
TWAT
Hard Skool
Catcher
Sorry
This I Love
Prostitute

That gives him another 8 songs for a 2nd album.  And all of these songs resonate closer to the sound and style of pre-breakup GN'R.  I don't know what Atlas and Oklahoma would truly sound like, so if they're more akin to the CD1 style, bring IRS and Monsters/Perhaps over to disk 2 and it still works. 

We got new music in 2023, no one can say otherwise.  But it feels like 2021 again where we got one solid song and one complete turd.  To each their own, I think people who think My World rocks have a few screws loose, but they think the same of some of my opinions, so live and let live. 

I just had really high expectations, especially with Fernando's and other respected leakers/hoarders comments, and still haven't heard a song since 2008 that resembles the quality of the "greats" by any strecth of the imagination.

Sky Dog wrote:

You are forgetting Atlas Shrugged….the locker leak would be VERY similar to anything leaked now. It’s a complete track.

I like your post and will do mine when I get a chance! I think the original release should have been a double 10 songs on each.

Axl’s whole vision would have been all laid out….for good and bad but the diversity is pretty damn impressive….mad scientist…literally.

Sky Dog wrote:

CD 1
Chinese Democracy
Street of Dreams
IRS
There Was A Time
Catcher in the Rye
Riad N’ The Bedouins
Perhaps
Atlas Shrugged
Madagascar
Prostitute

CD 2
Oh My God
Better
Hard Skool
Shackler’s Revenge
If The World
Absurd
Scraped
Sorry
The General
Monsters

***left out This I Love because it is clearly a little different than the rest
***left out instrumentals because we don’t have any vocals or lyrics

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Sky Dog wrote:

You are forgetting Atlas Shrugged….the locker leak would be VERY similar to anything leaked now. It’s a complete track.

I like your post and will do mine when I get a chance! I think the original release should have been a double 10 songs on each.

Axl’s whole vision would have been all laid out….for good and bad but the diversity is pretty damn impressive….mad scientist…literally.

You're right, I completely forgot I had that.  Which speaks to its original impact on me, but after finding it and listening again it definitely ranks higher than The General, but is more suited for the industrial group of songs rather on the ones more aligned to the original GNR song.  Thanks!

I appreciate the lists you created, but I was trying to put them together based on overall sound and identity rather than making my preferred album breakdown.  Unless you really think Better fits in with the style of The General and Absurd.

Sky Dog wrote:

My cd1 tries to stay true to locker leaks disc 1 which all had lyrics. My cd 2 represents the Bucket/Brain phase. You have to remember the most fleshed out songs are on locker leak disc 1 and they are more songs written by Freese, Tommy, Robin and Tobias in the 98-2000 window.

Sky Dog wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Not my version so I have no more info on it, but at least the artwork seems right lol

https://i.postimg.cc/ZK9DfBBk/IMG-3376.jpg

Alright, I’m naive but wasn’t the Japan single supposed to have Monsters too?

Jaxlmorrison2
 Rep: 1 

Hey does anyone happen to have The General and Monsters instrumentals please?

Shacklermyrye

Sky Dog wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

No sadly. I think that may have been something some hoped would happen but seems to not be the case.

Jaxlmorrison2
2 hours ago
Hey does anyone happen to have The General and Monsters instrumentals please?

Yes, yes I do and I'd be happy to send...... hang on a second..... Aren't you that guy from Mygnr who is claiming that myself and others are making up hearing clipping so we 'have something to bitch about?

Yeah..yeah i think you are that guy lol. I wish you luck on your search... big_smile

Shacklermyrye

Sky Dog wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Oh not sure if it's been mentioned but also it has the lyrics in however there is a note inside that mentions the lyrics have come from a translation of the lyrics, so they may well be wrong.

Board footer