You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The General and Monsters

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah in 2001 Slash was given between 6 days and 6 weeks to live.....but he seems to be immortal 21

I seriously do wonder about these guys though - like the drugs and drinking background of everyone in the band, plus, just stuff like getting tired, getting aches and pains....I know i'm captain negative of late...but I do think if they wanna have a serious go at a new project they really wanna get it cooking pretty soon....lets hope the roady who said there was more old stuff akin to AFD heard right and they have a secret half done EP or something.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

monkeychow wrote:

The question on my mind....is it:

(a) 16 Months off followed by a resumption of the last tour, maybe with Atlas/Sog.

(b) 24 - 36 Months off followed by a tour themed around new EP or by co-headlining with motley or another act.

(c) 36 Months off, followed by retirement tour.

(d) Nothing happens again because someone gets sick.

Who knows with this band.
My wishes are obviously new music. Not only leftovers butba brand new album. But It looks unlikely.
Now Duff and Slash are on their things. So this is back to the past 96

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I wish they could do some interviews. Don't have to talk about anything important, just the old days or whatever.

I am REALLY hoping part of the reason we haven't got any good interviews as a collective or any detailed questions is because they are going to make a documentary similar to The History of The Eagles. I love how raw that documentary was. They could tie in footage from vault.. A documentary like that could even do well on a platform like Netflix because of the subject matter and inherent drama within.

Most likely though, no interviews about anything we want to hear because the band could implode. The closest we've got is the Brazilian interview where the guy asked him "what was it like the first time you and Slash sit together in the same room?" and Axl just ignored it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

FWIW I heard for the second time on SiriusXM yesterday a DJ hinting (maybe speculating) on a GnR/Motley NA tour in 2024. Sirius has had a business relationship with GnR including a custom GnR channel and a livestream of an (I think) NYC concert, so it may be an informed take. Maybe a fall/winter Arena tour?

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

FWIW I heard for the second time on SiriusXM yesterday a DJ hinting (maybe speculating) on a GnR/Motley NA tour in 2024. Sirius has had a business relationship with GnR including a custom GnR channel and a livestream of an (I think) NYC concert, so it may be an informed take. Maybe a fall/winter Arena tour?

I think that would be strange but totally works for GNR

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Cue the crying when it's just Atlas/Monsters in 2024/2025 and none of this "brand new" music materializes.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

GNR is redefining cash grab to a whole new level!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

John 5 also made some positive comments about potential for touring with GNR a while back.

It sort of makes a lot of sense really:

1. After a very successful stadium run with Def Leppard motley is going to need to either downsize or freshen the offering.

2. GNR's NITL stadium tour has been massively successful but after 7 years is starting to need to reconfigure also.

3. While there's differences in the sound of either band, they would both appeal to 80s nostalga audiences and are both fundementally hard rock guitar bands with 'big' vocals. Similar fan base - assuming we can put to bed the vince vs Axl non-fight of back in the day.

4. Both bands have issues with the lead singers vocals that they like to try and hide. Although in a way they would compound each other in terms of audience frustration, it would work as  they also present little threat to each other - as it's not like either singer would blow the other off the stage with his undamaged voice and show up the weakness of the other.

5. Seems there's a bit of cross over love already - given Tommy and John 5 are seen hugging with frank and richard in the perhaps clip.

So bring it on I say, I will go, two of my favourite bands. If Motley release their new EP next year that could also give the tour a bit of juice, and who knows, maybe GNR will get jealous and drop an EP too 16

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

The thing is, Axl WOULD blow Neil of the stage. I bet he tries even harder just because  it's Motley/Neil..
I would go to a Guns/Crew tour but I think they could do much better.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
DtM51 wrote:

The thing is, Axl WOULD blow Neil of the stage. I bet he tries even harder just because  it's Motley/Neil..
I would go to a Guns/Crew tour but I think they could do much better.

He absolutely would. Yeah he (axl) has weak moments, but he also has points in the show where he belts out things that show you he can still perform. Vince doesn’t have those.

Board footer