You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: The General and Monsters

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well it’s all up to interpretation, and like we said it’s probably about a lot of people, but I don’t think Axl would be talking about Slash like…

“What I thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore”

I don't interpret "beautiful" as romantic in this context.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

lol, okay

Sky Dog wrote:

The Blues was about Stephanie, but Street Of Dreams was about Slash….no doubt. All the love in the world couldn’t save him, Slash held all his innocence inside….

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I just re-read the lyrics and I'd forgotten what a beautiful song it is.

The ending "What this means to me" is a great example of one of Axl's great outros too that takes it to another level.

To me the song is about being in love with an innocent seeming girl and heartbroken to have lost her, then seeing she's changed or worse perhaps even that she was always darker than you thought, realising you are pining and projecting a love for someone who doesn't exist anymore if she ever did. So to me it seems it's likely to be about Erin or Stephanie but who knows...as we were saying earlier these songs are multidimensional sometimes.

I look forward to the next album about Sasha, Trump, Azoff, Tommy Hillfiger, and that bouncer dude he bit the ear off in Europe, that doubles as a note to pitman and robin.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:

lol, okay

You're one of those "proud to be dense" types, huh?

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Guys Axl said it years ago, The blues or Street of dreams is about Dylan and it was the message he wanted him to read when he grew up, he lived with him and treated him like his son, those are memories of Axl who doesn't know if only They are that, memories of a past that only lives in him, there is the interest that Dylan as an adult would listen to it, as a reminder that he once played his father!, his father.

Sky Dog wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

Guys Axl said it years ago, The blues or Street of dreams is about Dylan and it was the message he wanted him to read when he grew up, he lived with him and treated him like his son, those are memories of Axl who doesn't know if only They are that, memories of a past that only lives in him, there is the interest that Dylan as an adult would listen to it, as a reminder that he once played his father!, his father.

I think that is Atlas Shrugged…The Blues  is about a woman …just my 2 cents

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

Got a source?  This seems off. It's definitely not about Dylan.

It's either about Stephanie or I can see those that make a case about it being about Slash in some aspect. But definitely not a little boy.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl: Dylan, I wrote this song so you know how I felt about your mother.

Dylan: I can relate to that.

1C5035762-110112-stephanie-seymore-son-vmed-1130a.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:

The blues is Seymour, I don’t know how anyone could see it was about Slash tbh. I think he wraps a lot of people together in songs

The Blues matches up perfectly with how Axl talked about Slash in the period it was recorded. There's nothing romantic about it.

I used to think The Blues was another Steph/Erin song and thought anyone who believed it was about Slash was bat shit crazy.

It's about Slash... unfortunately.

He just couldn't move on from these people.

misterID wrote:

IRS is about Slash

Absolutely.

While it's definitely repetitive, it's one of his high points creatively. His megalomania is on full display.

Sky Dog wrote:

axl92 No wedding cake as well…bound to be a flop…no Stephanie Seymour…everything went downhill once she left the fold….

Everything went downhill when Izzy left the fold.

33 years and counting, the big 3 have written a grand total of zero songs without him.

polluxlm wrote:

She gave us Beta!

I want the alternate timeline where he fucks Elle MacPherson instead of Steph.

There's Billy Joel alternate timelines as well. He had his pick of Brinkley, Whitney Houston before she got famous, and a young Elle MacPherson.

He went with Brinkley.

Sky Dog wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

I think that is Atlas Shrugged…The Blues  is about a woman …just my 2 cents

Yep.

Out of the songs we've heard so far, Atlas is the only one lyrically that would fit with the Dylan theme.

The rest is all about Slash, Izzy, Steph, Erin, fans, a song about JD Salinger and a song about not trying to stop them even though they did everything to stop themselves.

Board footer