You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2024 “Taking Off”

Sky Dog wrote:

I like it as well

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I’m indifferent to it. If nobody ever made a big deal about it I wouldn’t even notice.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Hot take: I liked the "duelling solos" bit in Sympathy for the Devil.

Me too. Always felt Slash let his ego get in the way on that thing. Obviously Tobias was a decent player who could contribute both guitars and write songs for the band, and low key enough to not take any spotlight from Slash.

Apparently Slash had no issue trying out with Zack Wylde. That would definitely never have worked!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I’ve liked Tobias work in GNR

*just looked and he has writing credits on Perhaps, Hardskool and Shadow of Your Love

Sky Dog wrote:

TWAT, Catcher, IRS, Prostitute as well for  Tobias…

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

polluxlm wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Hot take: I liked the "duelling solos" bit in Sympathy for the Devil.

Me too. Always felt Slash let his ego get in the way on that thing. Obviously Tobias was a decent player who could contribute both guitars and write songs for the band, and low key enough to not take any spotlight from Slash.

Apparently Slash had no issue trying out with Zack Wylde. That would definitely never have worked!

I thought that the Wylde/Slash thing was a bit of a disaster, wasn't it? Since the pair of them were at it like "A T-Rex and a giant anaconda."

Meanwhile, Slash now has no problem playing with Fortus, who takes more solo spots than any rhythm guitarist he's worked with before. He really was daft to blow up over Tobias, since Axl was pretty much proved right on that score; he was Chinese Democracy's Izzy, in the sense that he was arguably Axl's main co-writer for that album.

Sky Dog wrote:

Speaking of Izzy, I just looked at the credits for the song Chinese Democracy on Apple Music….Tobias is an arranger and lo and behold….Izzy Stradlin is a composer!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl has himself to blame though. To enforce his legal rights and end the old band in 1995 was a really stupid move. It was supposed to be an insurance for him, in case they broke up, instead he used it to usurp the whole band. Of course Slash was pissed off at that and used every opportunity to stick it to Axl afterwards.

Bill Brasky
 Rep: 0 

Bill Brasky wrote:

Atlas/Monsters vinyl and few spot shows. That's my speculation for 2024.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Speaking of Izzy, I just looked at the credits for the song Chinese Democracy on Apple Music….Tobias is an arranger and lo and behold….Izzy Stradlin is a composer!

I had to check it out, just for laughs, and he also credited on SOD, If the world , Scraped & Riad!

Checked spotify, they got it right

Board footer