You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash’s new blues album coming in 2024

metallex78 wrote:

While I’m not sold on all the singers, or the choice of songs, overall as an album, it’s a pretty great listen, with some really tasty lead guitar from Slash.

As for the mix and production? Mike Clink is brilliant. He should be hired to salvage GN’R if they ever intend on releasing a new album.

This stuff sounds light and day better than Absurd, Hardschool, Perhaps and the General.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Had no idea who produced it. Just didn’t hit for me.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'm digging it. Love the blues, love slash. Win win. The opener and track with Chris Stapleton are my favorites so far. About half way through.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash enters God Mode on Papa Was a Rolling Stone, Stormy Monday, and Metal Chestnut. The intro to Metal Chestnut is so beautiful.

Just played the entire album all the way through (again) as I did office work. Absolutely fantastic. Living in the City is a great one as well. And yes, Chris Robinson sang his fucking ass off and Oh Well production wise is perfections.

The band has great chemistry. Can’t wait to see this show in August in ATL.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The only one I was disappointed in was with Gary Clark Jr. only because I had really high expectations

Was really impressed with Killing Floor

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

They just canceled some shows and from what I read online (grains of salt) attendance has been low. If that’s the case, I still applaud him for being ambitious and doing something he’a obviously passionate about.

Edit: it’s now being reported that his 25 year old stepdaughter died. That’s terrible.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

That's terrible news, hope he and his family are okay. Or as okay as anyone can be under the circumstances.

Board footer