You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Guns N' Roses Tour Overview 1984-2007

polluxlm wrote:

Guns N' Roses Tour Overview 1984-2007

Background and information

I started this project almost 2 years ago as a result of being bored at work. After laying on the shelf for a long time I finally decided to put the numbers together. The list is based on the information found on gnrontour and htgth, much of which is lacking in accuracy, so expect to find small errors.

Most of the chart is self explanatory, so I'll just clarify on a couple of things.

Incomplete set lists are meant to represent the inaccuracy of the information. They are not separate, but part of the 'Shows w/setlist' row. (Meaning that we have information on 52 of the 66 shows in 1991, but only 49 of them being accurate.)

The percentages on the far right are based on accurate lists only (410). This means we have a margin of error. I will add those when I get around to it (a lot of tedious calculations).

Some of the songs listed are not necessarily played by GN'R as a band. Salt Of The Earth for example is included, although only Axl and Izzy played on it. The criteria is that 2 or more members, or just Axl, present in the band at the time, played on them.

Intros and solos are not included. They might be a some point.

The pre-GN'R shows in 84 and 85 are added just for the heck of it. There's no information on these shows apart from that they were played.

tour1.jpg
tour2.jpg
tour3.jpg
tour4.jpg

*22 of the 1988 shows that didn't happen were due to touring partners Motley Crue (4) and David Lee Roth (18) canceling.
*2 of the 2006 shows were canceled by The Rolling Stones.

Appearances

Top 5

Welcome To The Jungle - 376
Mr. Brownstone - 367
Knockin' On Heavens Door - 356
Sweet Child O' Mine - 348
Paradise City - 339

Bottom 5 (original songs)

Cornchucker - 1
Don't Cry (alt) - 2
Breakdown - 2
Bad Apples - 2
One In A Million - 2
There Was A Time - 2

Never Played

Don't Damn Me
Get In The Ring
My World
Shotgun Blues

I Don't Care About You
Look At Your Game Girl
Buick Mackane (Big Dumb Sex)
Black Leather
Human Being
New Rose
Raw Power
Since I Don't Have You
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory

Sympathy For The Devil

Catcher In The Rye

Amount of Different Songs Played

86: 22
87: 25
88: 31
89: 22
90: 9
91: 38
92: 36
93: 35
94: 1
00: 2
01: 21
02: 19
06: 31
07: 30

Trivia

-In 2001 GN'R cancelled 83% of their shows.
-1 out of 7 GN'R shows are no-shows.
-A total of 111 songs have appeared.

If you discover any faulty numbers, interesting trivia or anything at all you feel should be added or changed, post it in this thread or send me a PM.

Original Excel file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QUILQV0R

Thanks to http://gnrontour.com, http://heretodaygonetohell.com and Nikki_Sixx

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Awesome work 22 karma

1 in 7 GNR shows get cancelled, god that's a scary statistic.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, major kudos compiling all that info.

Amazing how during the 01-07 period when there was supposedly three or four albums to work with, they still weren't able to top the variety of songs played during the 87-93 period.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Cool stuff, you must be pretty bored with work!?

A trivia note I thought about, if you begin with the AFD lineup, I come up with 19 members who have played live. (not including backup musicians etc)

4 drummers? (Adler, Sorum, Brain, Frank)
2 Bassists
8 Guitarists (Slash, Izzy, Gilby, BH, Huge, Robin, Fortus, BBF)
2 Keyboardists/programmers
1 singer

anyone else?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

teddy andredas was a 2nd keyboardist in the UYI days

Cinderella's drummer filled in for Adler on a bunch of dates back in the 80's

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm curious about the 2nd time One in a Million was played.  I know it was played and have a copy of the CBGB's accoustic show, but when was the second time and is there any audio or video of it?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I'm curious about the 2nd time One in a Million was played.  I know it was played and have a copy of the CBGB's accoustic show, but when was the second time and is there any audio or video of it?

01.31.88 - The Limelight, New York, NY

yeah there is audio, i used to have it but it sucked reallyu bad so i deleted it

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

I like the list, but there are some mistakes:

There were 21 shows scheduled in 2007. 2 were canceled (the two African shows), so 19 were played. The Japanese shows in April were postponed, not canceled. BTW, I'm pretty sure "Live and Let Die", "Out Ta Get Me", "You Could Be Mine", "Paradise City", "My Michelle", "IRS", "Mr. Brownstone" "Nightrain", "It's So Easy", "November Rain", and "Better" were played at all 19 shows in 2007.

How could KOHD have been played at 20 shows in 2007, when they're were only 19 played shows?

That's all I've found for 2007.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

I like the list, but there are some mistakes:

There were 21 shows scheduled in 2007. 2 were canceled (the two African shows), so 19 were played. The Japanese shows in April were postponed, not canceled. BTW, I'm pretty sure "Live and Let Die", "Out Ta Get Me", "You Could Be Mine", "Paradise City", "My Michelle", "IRS", "Mr. Brownstone" "Nightrain", "It's So Easy", "November Rain", and "Better" were played at all 19 shows in 2007.

How could KOHD have been played at 20 shows in 2007, when they're were only 19 played shows?

That's all I've found for 2007.

Actually it's 6 shows canceled, 4 of them from the butchered 06/07 tour.

19 ordinary gigs were played + Versace and the Club performance in Osaka.

Those songs were probably played, but we're missing the set list from New Zealand.

Board footer