You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: ALL Artlicles About Leaks (Post in here)

Will wrote:

Last week, the Internet was rocked when California blogger Kevin Skwerl posted nine newly leaked Chinese Democracy tracks, including three previously unheard songs allegedly from Guns n' Roses long-awaited album. Skwerl '” who used to work in the distribution department of Universal Music and is now a Web designer '” runs the blog Antiquiet, and says he received the tracks from 'an anonymous online source.'

Yesterday Skwerl was surprised to find himself face to face with two FBI agents who paid a visit to his day job. 'It was kind of an ambush,' Skwerl tells Rolling Stone. 'When I came back from lunch they were waiting in the lobby for me. It's a little creepy they know where I work.' Two young FBI officers, who Skwerl describes as 'Mulder and Scully types,' questioned him for 15 minutes about where he got the tracks and made plans to visit his house at 7:00 a.m. this morning.

'I wasn't sure if they were going to come by with a warrant and trash the place, like in the movies,' he says. 'It was nothing like that.' The FBI officials wanted to see the original files, but Skwerl erased them last week per instructions from Axl Rose's attorneys. Skwerl ultimately gave them second-hand files that are now widely available on the Internet.

Last week Skwerl's blog crashed from the traffic flood that resulted from his controversial posting. 'My host contacts me and says, '˜What the fuck did you do?'' I go, 'Uhhhh. I posted some music.' He goes, 'What exactly did you post?' I go, 'Uhhhh. [Meek voice] New Guns n' Roses.' He goes, 'Motherfucker.' Before long his cell phone rang with an unfamiliar 323 number. 'It was a really cool guy from the Gn'R camp that was a middle man between someone who was very angry and me. He was trying to reach out and see if I'd go without a fight, which is more or less what I did.'

Skwerl agreed to take them down, but a cease-and-desist letter soon followed threatening possible legal action. 'I'm not so worried about that,' Skwerl says. 'It's a legal grey area since it wasn't for download, it wasn't a finished product. We aren't sure who owns the recordings. I feel like I might survive this.'

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … fbi-visit/

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

....Damn.

The lyrics to I.R.S. are going to go medieval on his ass.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

Sorry about the double-post earlier...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bazgnr wrote:

Sorry about the double-post earlier...

No big deal. Even though this site is small, we do like to keep it clean. Hell, I've posted the same thing before already here and I'm the administrator.:haha:

Glad you posted it though. Didn't notice it had been posted in this thread yet.

I think FBI agents is taking things way too far. It reeks of arrogance and self importance. They're gonna love the wake up call on release day.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Well Bono I pretty much agree it can't be taken seriously even with an official release, but I no longer about new GN'R being big. I love the music and I just want more of it, regardless of what the media says. Most music critics and casual fans mock Blind Melon too, but it doesn't mean the music isn't amazing and worthy of praise greater than what it gets.

Did u just use Blind Melon in the same sentence as GNR?:bj:

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

FBI question 'Chinese Democracy' leak man
Guns N Roses Axl Rose
Blogger Kevin Skwerl visited by agents

Jun 25, 2008

Kevin Skwerl, the blogger who last week leaked nine tracks from forthcoming Guns N Roses album 'Chinese Democracy', was visited by two FBI agents yesterday (June 23) and questioned about the source of his files.

Skwerl last week posted nine songs from the album on his blog Antiquiet, but immediately erased the tracks after Axl Rose's attorneys got in touch and requested the removal.

Skwerl, a former employee of Universal Music, was visited at his office by two FBI agents who questioned him for 15 minutes about the source of the files and scheduled a house call to Skwerl's house this morning, asking to see the original files. Skwerl did not have the files.

After posting the files last week, the blog crashed from the sheer number of visitors to the site and Skwerl was contacted by "a really cool guy from the GN'R camp that was a middle man between someone who was very angry and me. He was trying to reach out and see if I'd go without a fight, which is more or less what I did," he told rollingstone.com.

Skwerl is not stressing about any possible legal action that may be taken, saying: "I'm not so worried about that. It's a legal grey area since it wasn't for download, it wasn't a finished product. We aren't sure who owns the recordings. I feel like I might survive this."

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/37600

Jungle Blood
 Rep: 3 

Jungle Blood wrote:

Lofton edit: No link requests. You know the drill by now.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

There's one thing that is running through my mind. We have like 9 leaks now. People treat it like we have heard 2/3 of Chinese Democracy. Maybe I'm not realizing that this stuff ain't mind blowing, but I have a suspicion that we haven't heard close to what will be on the released album. There are three of them (if you wanna believe that) and I have a feeling Axl has been moving songs around the albums for several years now. Message For You on Chinese Democracy? I'll give it a 50-50 shot. If The World? Maybe. TWAT? More than likely. The Blues? 100%, but the song ain't close to anything mindblowing. Rhiad? Doubt it? Catcher? Have a slight feeling it will be on there. Maddy? Yep. Better? good chance.  These songs will be out, but as to what album I don't know. I just have a feeling we are reviewing a Chinese Democracy that doesn't look like the finished product. And they're clearly not mastered. Won't make The Blues or Rhiad any better though. They're a mediocre product. The Blues is exactly what the review said it was. Sorry to say.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The lyrics of The Blues really hit me on an emotional level. Said it many times, but that song was the only bootleg that's ever made me cry.

AS far as the pipe dream trilogy, I'm not buying it. I think we're getting one record, and have likely heard 80% of it.

Board footer