You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Time Magazine considers the leaks Chinese Democracy

BLS-Pride wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Magazines don't review demos and then review the final album. There's not enough space to do so. Yeah this album is "mythical", but when it comes to placing information in the coveted spots of a magazine, things already talked about take a major backseat.

Sure, music mags may try to squeeze in a tiny review, but the big dogs like Time, People, Playboy, etc. aren't going to bother.

Forget the "mythical" status. Every music magazine will review the final album even if they review the leaks 3 times over. I'd be willing to bet my favorite pipe that at least one if not more of the above mentioned mags do a review to follow up any reviews of the leaks. It's going to be a hyped release even if it is for negative reasons. Press will cover it..

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, he is now officially up shit creek without a paddle.

You know once I was up shit creek, thankfully I had a paddle. - Carlin

I finally bought Brain Droppings! Back on topic: I'd like a GNR.com update that's relevant to the leaks/album status.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Press is already covering it. Most of these reviews aren't even mentioning the demo factor. Its being called an album and getting grades. When Stein is reviewing your album, its an album and not a scrap heap of demos, regardless of whether Axl considers them finished or not.

Don't remember when the name change happened, but glad you're BLS again. Could never get used to that Pride&Glory username.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

anyone wanna take this to the chat room?

James

James wrote:

I'll be in there in a few. Gotta go to the corner store really quick and buy cigs before they close.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Changed it back the night of the leaks..

I just dont see how magazines will not review it because of 9 songs that have leaked. It isn't the full album and really know one knows how many of these songs will be on the actual album that is released if ever released. If you release it they will review it.

James

James wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

off topic but since this is the busiest thread...........

apparently umg has asked youtube to remove certain gnr clips, including checkmate, citing infringement.

GNR is copyrighted. They're gonna remove real and fake shit attached to their name on those types of sites.

but i think this is the first time umg/geffen has asked them to take clips down

No its not. In 2007 GNR sent Tsunami on a witch hunt and removed tons of shit. For awhile, majority of GNR footage on youtube was the old band.

The GNR brand isn't interested in the new band being known. Its why they did that and also why their myspace page only has songs from the old discography.

Least they could have done was have Oh My God on there since its an actual release. Wont do it though. Slash aint on it.:haha:

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

yes, its strange....he keeps on promoting this as a "new band", yet he doesn't seem too keen on capitalizing on their achievements or talents as far as the public is concerned.....almost like he doesn't want to share them with the rest of us....

almost like he wants us to see it as his solo project, but doesn't want to label it as his solo project.....what a clusterfuck this has become....

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Why pretend that this is really the ultimatum for GNR? Weirder things have happened. When the actual record comes out Time will review it again even if Geffen/Universal have to pay them to do so.

I know we all want a statement or the album, but this doesn't prove these are not demos and it definitely won't make Axl put it out at a certain time if he wasn't already planning on doing so. Not in the least.

So while it's interesting, people are getting carried away. Time magazine included..

James

James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Why pretend that this is really the ultimatum for GNR? Weirder things have happened. When the actual record comes out Time will review it again even if Geffen/Universal have to pay them to do so.

I know we all want a statement or the album, but this doesn't prove these are not demos and it definitely won't make Axl put it out at a certain time if he wasn't already planning on doing so. Not in the least.

So while it's interesting, people are getting carried away. Time magazine included..

Carried away?? Al Capone's vault has just been opened.

This album has left the realm of fantasy and entered what is known as reality. Doesn't matter if it doesn't include the ten thousandth version of IRS. No one cares. Its enough music for an album and is being considered as such.

Note to Axl: If you didn't want this stuff being judged on its own merits, don't make everyone on the payroll proclaim it groundbreaking for over a decade.

Board footer