You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Finally got around to...

tejastech08 wrote:

...downloading the Live in Paris show from a torrent. What a kickass show! I am now wondering why in bloody hell they didn't just use a continuous show for Live Era because there's some cool talking from Axl in there like towards Warren Beatty. "If you think Madonna kicked your ass, I'm bettin' on Annette." 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well i'm sure axl wanted some tunes on the live era that didnt get played in Paris...like estranged..but anyway that was rather disapointing to me that so much of that paris show was used on the live era disks cuz i already had both a CD and a video bootleg of that show...and it was the only boot i had at the time hmm

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Worst song on Live Era is easily "Patience." It's great that the crowd was so into it that it was a huge sing-along, but you can barely hear Axl and you can't even tell what he's singing. It's much better on Live in Paris and hell, it's much better with the 2006 tour by new GN'R from the boots I have seen/heard of "Patience" during that particular tour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Only thing on Live Era worth a shit was Dust N Bones.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

...downloading the Live in Paris show from a torrent. What a kickass show! I am now wondering why in bloody hell they didn't just use a continuous show for Live Era because there's some cool talking from Axl in there like towards Warren Beatty. "If you think Madonna kicked your ass, I'm bettin' on Annette." 16

The Chicago '92 and Oaklahoma '92 are two pretty good pro shot concerts as well if you haven't seen them.  Chicago is great coz it's a long show, has some great rants by Axl and they play Coma.

I also like the really early shows in 1991 like Noblesville Indiana and the St Lous Riot show.  Axl seems a like a man possessed.  The first song for the St Lous Riot show - Perfect Crime, Axl seems like he is spitting venom as he sings, he seems so psyched up and hypo it's almost scary.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

perfect crime at st louis is crazy, some one pissed axl off before that show!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I also like the really early shows in 1991 like Noblesville Indiana and the St Lous Riot show.  Axl seems a like a man possessed.  The first song for the St Lous Riot show - Perfect Crime, Axl seems like he is spitting venom as he sings, he seems so psyched up and hypo it's almost scary.

Nothing will ever match the intensity of the 1st leg of the UYI tour. The show I went to was two weeks after the riot, but the atmosphere from that riot lingered in the crowd. You had no fucking idea what the band was gonna do. Show up? The show end in 20 minutes, or do you get a three hour show from the best band in the world?

Regardless of the performances themselves, the pre UYI release part of the tour took major balls. It wasn't an AFD jerkoff session. The band was confident in their new material, and unleashed it in large doses. After reading the metal mags for years, it was like a religious experience getting to hear all those songs for the first time.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Nothing will ever match the intensity of the 1st leg of the UYI tour. The show I went to was two weeks after the riot, but the atmosphere from that riot lingered in the crowd. You had no fucking idea what the band was gonna do. Show up? The show end in 20 minutes, or do you get a three hour show from the best band in the world?

Regardless of the performances themselves, the pre UYI release part of the tour took major balls. It wasn't an AFD jerkoff session. The band was confident in their new material, and unleashed it in large doses. After reading the metal mags for years, it was like a religious experience getting to hear all those songs for the first time.

Yeah, I couldn't have put my thoughts on that better at all.  I saw the second show of the tour at Alpine Valley (obviously pre-riot), my first concert ever, and probably a big reason music still means as much to me as it did 17 years ago.  It didn't matter that I only knew about 1/2 the material, the energy/bravado they came out with made you unable to take your eyes off the stage. 

Then I got to go home and lord the fact that I had heard all these new songs over my friends who wanted to go but couldn't.  I still remember pretty vividly talking about the one that went "Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker, Motherfucker".

Board footer