You are not logged in. Please register or login.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

I haven't posted on this forum or any gnr forum in a long time, since before ROV closed down. I only found out about these leaks a few days ago and i wasn't planning to post on them because i thought they were disappointing compared to all the other CD songs. However after a few listens I've changed my mind on this song - I love it. Possibly my favourite CD song so far!! The vocal melodies are awesome and i love the synth. The solo is a little disappointing - I think Finck should have took this one; the shred doesn't fit. But everything else is great.

I don't think he says Prostitute. It makes sense in the context but there was no way anyone would not pronounce the first 't'. It sounds like something "with you" but doesn't really make sense coz he says myself afterward. I don't know.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Good to see you here. I remember you from the "good old days".

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Haha yeah I spent a lot of time on these forums reading and posting - it was always interesting - the weird thing was it seemed even when there was nothing happening there was something happening. But the quiet period after the last tour was too much to take so I stopped browsing/posting on the forums. It was obvious the album wasn't going to be released anytime soon at that point because they failed to keep up all the publicity after the tour. They just disappeared as usual. It seems in the 10 months since I left the album is just as far away as before so I probably haven't missed much.

By the way, the last post is not a criticism of Buckethead, I've always been a fan of what he and Finck have done for GnR in the CD demos, just not too fond of this one. Think it needs to be more epic and bluesy - like the final solo in Estranged for example. Especially to lead into the outro. Perhaps Axl/BH thought it was better to go with something different and unexpected. But there is no structure to this solo - I like shred as long as long as there is some structure (Kirk Hammett for example or even the amazing TWAT outro). In fact, the thing I always liked about GnR solos was the structure - a beginning, middle and end.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

Neemo.....I am not reaching at all and more than one person sees the Prostitute theme in the words and lyrics....geesh.

i'm just harrassing you 19 who knows what it is...its just as likely to be prostitute as it is a track we've never even heard of before...only time will tell what the name of it really is...until then there will be theories up the wazzoo

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ok for the sake of doing it...i took these track titles from HTGTH of songs we can't account for yet...some names are more than likely fake

Oklahoma (mentioned in RS Jan 2000)
Sorry (mentioned in Rolling Stone magazine October 2006)
Prostitute (mentioned in Spin magazine, apparently Paul Buckmaster worked on arrangements on this track.)
This I Love (the title has been around since the 90s, apparently the song might feature a harp)
Seven (Marco Beltrami was asked to provide orchestral arrangements in October 2002.)
Leave Me Alone (Marco Beltrami was asked to provide orchestral arrangements in October 2002.)
General (Marco Beltrami was asked to provide orchestral arrangements in October 2002.)
Thyme (Marco Beltrami was asked to provide orchestral arrangements in October 2002.)
Ides of March (mentioned by Dave Dominguez)
Cock-a-roach Soup (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Suckerpunched (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
No Love Remains (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Friend or Foe (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Zip It (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Something Always (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Hearts Get Killed or Hearts Always Get Killed (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Closing In On You (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Strange Disease (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)

Are there anymore not listed above?

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
Neemo wrote:

ok for the sake of doing it...i took these track titles from HTGTH of songs we can't account for yet...some names are more than likely fake

Oklahoma (mentioned in RS Jan 2000)
Sorry (mentioned in Rolling Stone magazine October 2006)
Prostitute (mentioned in Spin magazine, apparently Paul Buckmaster worked on arrangements on this track.)
This I Love (the title has been around since the 90s, apparently the song might feature a harp)
Seven (Marco Beltrami was asked to provide orchestral arrangements in October 2002.)
Leave Me Alone (Marco Beltrami was asked to provide orchestral arrangements in October 2002.)
General (Marco Beltrami was asked to provide orchestral arrangements in October 2002.)
Thyme (Marco Beltrami was asked to provide orchestral arrangements in October 2002.)
Ides of March (mentioned by Dave Dominguez)
Cock-a-roach Soup (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Suckerpunched (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
No Love Remains (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Friend or Foe (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Zip It (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Something Always (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Hearts Get Killed or Hearts Always Get Killed (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Closing In On You (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)
Strange Disease (mentioned in the August 21st 1999 issue of Kerrang!)

Are there anymore not listed above?

'''

Eulogy of a Broken Hear

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Wasn't Eulogy mentioned on someone's phony tracklist?

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

No its a legit title.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I don't remember the source.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Zodiac

Quick Song

One of which was supposed to sound like Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Board footer