You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Sorum - "Singer Search Is Coming Along"

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

axl wouldn't want to admit failure with cd

In 2001, he said, "Are you ready for Chinese Democracy?"

In 2008, four of the members who were there when he said that are no longer in the band, and the album still hasn't been released.

Chinese Democracy is already a failure on several fronts.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

i think new singer is Royston Langdon
(spacehog, liv tylers ex) also sounds like Weiland..   shame

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

axl wouldn't want to admit failure with cd

In 2001, he said, "Are you ready for Chinese Democracy?"

In 2008, four of the members who were there when he said that are no longer in the band, and the album still hasn't been released.

Chinese Democracy is already a failure on several fronts.

agreed:slash:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
mickronson wrote:

i think new singer is Royston Langdon
(spacehog, liv tylers ex) also sounds like Weiland..   shame

i always liked space hog 22 he's currently living in NYC too ... good call

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I should have gone into more depth...
Liv Tyler, Slash is buddies with Steve, altho they arent together anymore... (liv and roy) Links with Blind Melon..
Not too well known, not newcomer, fits  Joining Slash and his new Blues Ball soon......
Vocal similarities to Weiland might be advantage due to playing "old" songs..

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

SLASH is set to form another supergroup for the launch concert at Las Vegas' Red Rock Resort.
The former Guns N' Roses star has recruited Alice In Chains star Jerry Cantrell and Led Zeppelin's Jason Bonham to his Blues Ball Band for the show on Saturday (05Jul08).
Liv Tyler's estranged husband Royston Langdon will also join the trio with other surprise guest artists planned.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar … nd_1073209

thanks to funkymonkey @ htgth

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

SLASH is set to form another supergroup for the launch concert at Las Vegas' Red Rock Resort.
The former Guns N' Roses star has recruited Alice In Chains star Jerry Cantrell and Led Zeppelin's Jason Bonham to his Blues Ball Band for the show on Saturday (05Jul08).
Liv Tyler's estranged husband Royston Langdon will also join the trio with other surprise guest artists planned.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar … nd_1073209

thanks to funkymonkey @ htgth

Oh...i hope someone records this...Blues Ball is always cool smile

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Langdon...

If he is the guy they like I think it would be a pretty interesting choice. Now I'm interested...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Spacehog was ok, but kindof a one hit wonder imho. Can the guy really write an albums worth of good song lyrics.

I think that's what is needed/expected with Slash's singer. Axl wrote tremendous stories embedded in Slash's signaature guitar riffs. The perfect compliment to each other. That is what I think Scott had the biggest weakness with. Alot of the songs lyrics made you wait until Slash put off his next riff, making it seem canned or generic (here we go again). Personally I'd rather they go in a different direction, however if they select him I'll be willing to hear the album before casting judgement.

He does (probably) live in NYC, is somewhat known, and could possibly be a good fit.... so he does fit the desciptions given to us. We'll see.

Board footer