You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: The Azoff factor re-examined: could he be targeting Bucket, not Slash?

Arcade Roses wrote:

I woke up one Thursday morning a couple of weeks ago with a brainwave: what if Irving Azoff and co. have been brought in to attempt to reunite the Buckethead era, not the Slash era.

More and more as time has gone on we have had Bucket all over yet more songs and now 'Shackler's Revenge' a rumoured Bucket-dominated title.  Hell, as someone recently said the instrumentals of this album would make a great Buckethead album!:rock::buckethead:

Also consider the timing of the announcement: Finck's 'departure'.  Maybe Axl/whoever has brought Azoff and Gould in to help reunite the strongest line-up of the band (what I call 'Plan A'): the 2001/02 version of the band, minus studio member Huge.

And I forgot to mention in my original post: factor in Gould's 'horror' credentials to that.  Would definitely appeal to Bucket + may in some way help lure him back into the band.:)

Scabbie has also recently reported that "HTGTH has become more tolerant of Buckethead posts lately".  Kudos, Scabbie!:mosh:

I don't think I'd seen this notion posted anywhere else but as people are starting to *lean* towards it now thought I would start a thread about it (before someone *nicks* it from me, *ahem*:)).

(It should also be interesting to see what Misterr Brain says should he get back to me.  (He is one of two people I have contacted.))

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

he didn't do a good job then cause finck is a part of the lineup that included bucket. we are starting to see how much bucket is involved with the material. he recorded so much stuff back then that there was nothing else for him to do i suppose, other than touring appetite material and watching axl add synth to all the songs 'so to speak. i imagine that axl could get bucket back in the band by himself.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
war wrote:

he didn't do a good job then cause finck is a part of the lineup that included bucket. we are starting to see how much bucket is involved with the material. he recorded so much stuff back then that there was nothing else for him to do i suppose, other than touring appetite material and watching axl add synth to all the songs 'so to speak.

Finck's departure was much more recent - hence the bitter taste left by the 'pill' may still be in his mouth.  For Bucket and others it may have faded by now, IMHO.:)

Finck may be a tougher nut to crack....

war wrote:

i imagine that axl could get bucket back in the band by himself.

This argument died a while ago, IIRC.  They tried repeatedly to get Bucket back into the fold in (early) 2006: and failed miserably.  Sources close to Bucket both on his forum, HTGTH, and of course Del's article later in the year confirmed this to be true.  The HTGTH guy (who actually is *linked* to the person I have e-mailed) actually said that: "Things are very bitter now (as of early 2006) between Axl and Bucket: in fact even more so than Slash", I think he said.  But as I said things may have changed now with/over time though.:)

"The things he said were very hurtful...." - bucket

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

strongest line up 01/02.... finck was included in that line up

so.... wouldnt be a full reunion...so to speak

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The unique thing about the Axl-Bucket relationship is its the first time in known history where Axl doesn't hold all the cards. Everyone else jumps to the moon when Axl asks them to jump an inch. Bucket doesn't give a shit. He'll turn the other way and record ten albums before Axl can ask him to jump.

Bucket could have been on the 2006-07 tour if he wanted to. As already mentioned, Axl was begging him back while Ron was rehearsing for Hammerstein. Bucket said no.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Bucket isn't interested in disappointing more fans. He must have been devastated to be part of the 02 tour disaster. Say what you want of Bucket, but one thing you can't say about him is he doesn't care about his fans.

war

war wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:
war wrote:

he didn't do a good job then cause finck is a part of the lineup that included bucket. we are starting to see how much bucket is involved with the material. he recorded so much stuff back then that there was nothing else for him to do i suppose, other than touring appetite material and watching axl add synth to all the songs 'so to speak.

Finck's departure was much more recent - hence the bitter taste left by the 'pill' may still be in his mouth.  For Bucket and others it may have faded by now, IMHO.:)

Finck may be a tougher nut to crack....

war wrote:

i imagine that axl could get bucket back in the band by himself.

This argument died a while ago, IIRC.  They tried repeatedly to get Bucket back into the fold in (early) 2006: and failed miserably.  Sources close to Bucket both on his forum, HTGTH, and of course Del's article later in the year confirmed this to be true.  The HTGTH guy (who actually is *linked* to the person I have e-mailed) actually said that: "Things are very bitter now (as of early 2006) between Axl and Bucket: in fact even more so than Slash", I think he said.  But as I said things may have changed now with/over time though.:)

"The things he said were very hurtful...." - bucket

1-yes finck's departure was more recent. all i was saying was, if azoff was brough to reunite that era or lineup, he failed since finck ( who was in that line-up) is now gone also.

2-that argument may have died a while go but only because it wasn't true
now it is

the more time passes the more it becomes a possibility
when bucket left he was pissed at axl

it's human nature to get over this stuff especially when you have a good thing going like the potential for wolrd tours and cd's

if chinese democracy is on the launching pad i still say axl can get bucket back in the band  if he is willing to make up with him that is

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
war wrote:

the argument may have died a while go but only because it wasn't true
now it is

Huh?  I thought it was true: several people confirmed it.  This was one of them.

war wrote:

if chinese democracy is on the launching pad i still say axl can get bucket back in the band  if he is willing to make up with him that is

When I first read that I thought you meant Axl is ready to make up with Bucket.  He is.  Or do you mean Bucket with Axl?  That's the big question - and maybe, as you and I both say, after all this time, he is?:)

It also depends on the other big question: can Azoff crack Bucket?  "What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?", LOL.:haha::)

war

war wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:
war wrote:

the argument may have died a while go but only because it wasn't true
now it is

Huh?  I thought it was true: several people confirmed it.  This was one of them.

war wrote:

When I first read that I thought you meant Axl is ready to make up with Bucket.  He is.  Or do you mean Bucket with Axl?  That's the big question - and maybe, as you and I both say, after all this time, he is?:)

It also depends on the other big question: can Azoff crack Bucket?  "What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?", LOL.:haha::)

you said the argument, that axl could coax bucket back, died a while ago. true?
if so, i agree that it did because he tried and he couldn't - now he could. due to the album being ready for release and the fact that time mends broken hearts i belive bucket would return if axl is willing to, again, try to get him back. i don't think azoff is needed for this.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?"

It creates an incredible solo that never gets released......

Board footer