You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: A Random Forum Post about Finck

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

When I saw them play in Auckland last year, the defining moment was Patience - the song was a highlight of the set for me - Axl delivered as did everyone.

Solo time and Finck steps up to the plate. Words can't describe how he butchered it. The most simplest and melodic of solos was turned into a tuneless, shapeless, off key mess. All he needed to do was play a few low key blues licks.

I can't even begin to articulate how much I disagree with this thought. I link the way Finck plays the Patience solo best of any I've ever heard.

Ouch!  I disagree.  When I saw them the ONLY song Finck played better than Slash ever did was Seet Child O Mine.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

When I saw them play in Auckland last year, the defining moment was Patience - the song was a highlight of the set for me - Axl delivered as did everyone.

Solo time and Finck steps up to the plate. Words can't describe how he butchered it. The most simplest and melodic of solos was turned into a tuneless, shapeless, off key mess. All he needed to do was play a few low key blues licks.

I can't even begin to articulate how much I disagree with this thought. I link the way Finck plays the Patience solo best of any I've ever heard.

Ouch!  I disagree.  When I saw them the ONLY song Finck played better than Slash ever did was Seet Child O Mine.

At Hammersmith when Finck butchered Patience there was an audible gasp from many around me and a lot of cringing faces, followed by a lot of head shaking. As for his solo spot - well - it was like a deaf person trying to tune up, whilst on acid. Just terrible - it would've been laughable but to see GNR reduced to that wasnt funny at all. Me doing a solo wouldve been better and I cant play guitar.

So far I havnt heard him play anything better than Slash, and I'm sure thats not going to happen anytime soon. If he's still in the band that is.

He's not a good fit sound wise for Guns, never was, never will be. Hes good in NIN so thats where he should be. Even his recent look in Guns was contrived and fake.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Even his recent look in Guns was contrived and fake.

I had issues with that as well. He went from a goth meth head to Jesus Christ wearing a garbage bag.

and people think Bucket is strange?

He did fit in looks wise better, but yeah it was definitely fake.

it was like a deaf person trying to tune up, whilst on acid.

Thats hilarious.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

At Hammersmith when Finck butchered Patience there was an audible gasp from many around me and a lot of cringing faces, followed by a lot of head shaking. As for his solo spot - well - it was like a deaf person trying to tune up, whilst on acid. Just terrible - it would've been laughable but to see GNR reduced to that wasnt funny at all. Me doing a solo wouldve been better and I cant play guitar.

So far I havnt heard him play anything better than Slash, and I'm sure thats not going to happen anytime soon. If he's still in the band that is.

He's not a good fit sound wise for Guns, never was, never will be. Hes good in NIN so thats where he should be. Even his recent look in Guns was contrived and fake.

So what was horrible?  His patience rendition or his Sweet Child O Mine rendition?  And remember on that night he may have had just a fluke performance on Sweet Child O' Mine.  His intro to Welcome to the Jungle before the band got on stage was just horrible though.  Bucket's was way better.  As for the rest of the songs on that night.  I wouldn't say he butchered them but he did not do them justice that is for sure.  And one last thing.  Finck's solo and the one with Fortus was excruciatingly long and awful.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

So what was horrible?  His patience rendition or his Sweet Child O Mine rendition?  And remember on that night he may have had just a fluke performance on Sweet Child O' Mine.  His intro to Welcome to the Jungle before the band got on stage was just horrible though.  Bucket's was way better.  As for the rest of the songs on that night.  I wouldn't say he butchered them but he did not do them justice that is for sure.  And one last thing.  Finck's solo and the one with Fortus was excruciatingly long and awful.

The Patience solo was butchered and his solo spot was terrible. As for Sweet Child, well I cant remember so cant comment on that. And then they played Aguilera, I almost wept. Look out of for a rendition of My Heart Will Go on by Celine Dion on the next AFD tour.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer