You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Roxxie wrote:

They didn't say much other than that, no clips or anything.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

My stream crapped out on me just before it, so I couldn't record it.

But, yeah, not much was said.  Something along the lines of "we're proud to announce that that Axl Rose has decided to release Shackler's Revenge, the first track from the new album that's been 14 years in the making and coming soon, Chinese Democracy on Rock Band 2"  (VERY paraphrased from memory)

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

and that's all they are gonna get for now. it's alot that the song got mentioned. things are looking good for them so far. how many other songs/bands got mentioned in every press release/ article?

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

But, yeah, not much was said.  Something along the lines of "we're proud to announce that that Axl Rose has decided to release Shackler's Revenge, the first track from the new album that's been 14 years in the making and coming soon, Chinese Democracy on Rock Band 2"  (VERY paraphrased from memory)

"After 14 years since Guns N' Roses last official music release, Axl Rose selects Rock Band 2 to debut official new track "Shackler's Revenge" from the highly-anticipated album Chinese Democracy."

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

and that's all they are gonna get for now. it's alot that the song got mentioned. things are looking good for them so far. how many other songs/bands got mentioned in every press release/ article?

Only big ones, like AC/DC (its the first time they've been in a game).  Although they didn't talk much it got quite a big focus compared to the other stuff.  Seems like it's a big deal even outside of GnR land!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm more excited than that time Jesse got hooked on no doze on Saved By The Bell!

I'm so excited...I'm so excited...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm more excited than that time Jesse got hooked on no doze on Saved By The Bell!

I'm so excited...I'm so excited...

I'm embarrassed to admit that I got that reference.  Thank goodness for Showgirls.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

LOL!
classic

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

"After 14 years since Guns N' Roses last official music release, Axl Rose selects Rock Band 2 to debut official new track "Shackler's Revenge" from the highly-anticipated album Chinese Democracy."

Thanks! smile

Roxxie wrote:

Only big ones, like AC/DC (its the first time they've been in a game).  Although they didn't talk much it got quite a big focus compared to the other stuff.  Seems like it's a big deal even outside of GnR land!

Yeah.  It was singled out and it got some cheers from the audience.  Though the conference was pretty fucking boring up til then.

Board footer