You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

bazgnr wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Simple, I dont believe the album will be out yet.  Im tired of debating it now.. it`ll be out when its out, and a game track doesnt change my opinion, and i dont know why everyone is getting so excited at this latest news when they`ve done more before now and ditched the idea of a release.
im done

I think people are getting excited because it was mentioned that the song is intended to be the first single, which typically means an album will soon follow.  From what I recall, never has the phrase "first single" been used by  *anyone* remotely involved with GN'R before (in this case, Mysteron).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, its definitely the first time the word "single" has been mentioned. Even the Better/Harley thing didn't mention anything about a single.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, its definitely the first time the word "single" has been mentioned. Even the Better/Harley thing didn't mention anything about a single.

Didnt Madison claim that she was told the name of the first single at a gnr show she was at?

maybe she can finally come clean on that story

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Even the Better/Harley thing didn't mention anything about a single.

I think some Harley Davidson document - maybe a response to a fan, the later press release, or I seem to recall the online embedding of the then-streamed video, seemed to mention specifically that it would be the first single.  Again, they may have confirmed this to an e-mailing fan.  That's where the "'Better' is first single" idea came from.

I'll go look at old/October 2006 time threads on mygnr, whereon I recall it was first reported.

Damn that was an exciting day....:lol:

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Didnt Madison claim that she was told the name of the first single at a gnr show she was at?

She said, IIRC, it "began with 'I', and has 'te' in" (possibly at the end ?).  Then 'I.R.S.' leaked.  I am surprised - and have never seen even since it's inclusion on Chin's setlist pic. - no one approach Madison over 'If The World' being this song.  She reportedly said it was 'one word' though - and that she has never seen the title mentioned anywhere else as of a few months ago.

I wonder if that song really is called 'Intentions' as that would fit Madison's description somewhat....  Seems an odd choice for the first single though for me, though I like the song.  (Oh, and '2000 Intentions' was once a rumoured title of some sorts at one time.:))

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, but I was meaning its the first time the GNR camp has publicly mentioned the word "single".

Several have asked Madison in threads at mygnr, and I think its been ignored.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, but I was meaning its the first time the GNR camp has publicly mentioned the word "single".

no i know i was just wondering if she would let the cat out of the bag now that things seem to be winding down 19

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
Neemo wrote:

no i know i was just wondering if she would let the cat out of the bag now that things seem to be winding down 19

Yeah I was thinking that....

Robman

Robman wrote:

yeah, but only hardcore Bucket fans bought those. Same here. If two seperate albums or a double album is released, I could see it selling for 9.99 each, or 13.99 together. But 4 albums together might boost that to $24.99 or so. Unless they have some special packaging, I dont see them being able to sell a lot of copies. Theres just a lot of material to digest, even on a double album. 4 just seems like overkill to me. As much as I wanna hear them, I dont think its the right way to go about it,

Robman

Robman wrote:

speaking of which, wouldnt these guys usually be waering some kind of matching shirts or name tags? just doesnt seem right

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Jesus Christ we are a skeptical bunch.  I think the video is legit.  I can totally see the guy being paranoid as shit.  Isnt Rock Band produced by MTV?  I'm sure Axl had a long list of do's and dont's to accompany him signing anything that involves his music.  Its damage control, nothing else.

Board footer