You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

James wrote:

I'm actually gonna be forced to watch this bullshit this year because M.I.A. is gonna be up for an award.

M.I.A. and GNR on the same show?

Let me dream for a nanosecond....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

During the VMA's I'm going to be checking this site for the: "Holy shit GNR is on!" post. I'm
not watching three or four hours of that bullshit.

I'll let the suckers do it instead 16

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm actually gonna be forced to watch this bullshit this year because M.I.A. is gonna be up for an award.

Heres hoping! However no doubt we'll have a Nickelback medley and a Milli Vanilla reunion instead. Such is the state of the music world today.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Its good to see some of the more sensible, normal folk from there, and elsewhere come over here for objective discussions and the ability to read about what actually happens in GNR land than be blinkered or given crap filtered information. They couldnt even mention the new leaks over there. 16

A good chunk of the people here are HTGTH alumni, which should you tell something.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

I haven't watched the VMAs since....well, since GN'R closed the show.   I'll probably be paying attention, but I sure as hell won't watch the whole thing.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Heres hoping! However no doubt we'll have a Nickelback medley and a Milli Vanilla reunion instead. Such is the state of the music world today.

While I doubt it'll be that bad, I'm sure it won't be good. I listen to a little of eveything though so there should be something besides just GNR that interests me.

It couldnt possibly be that bad! M.I.A would be great - a banging Paper Planes will win her deserved praise and a lot of fans who could then check out her more experimental side. Thats if she plays of course.

My bet is Metallica for the VMAs not GNR. I just cant see anyone taking the risk again after the sub Spinal Tap 2002 'performance'. Sure, we all know that wont happen again but the organisers might think otherwise and go for a more reliable act. However Azoff seems to be doing his job so who knows.

I'll just follow this place and see if they end up playing or watch the highlights on youtube.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Last years VMA's was horrendously awful.  I think I lasted 3 minutes or so.  If there's no definitive announcement that GNR will perform I may just tape it so I can fast forward through all the crap, of which there will be plenty I'm sure.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer