You are not logged in. Please register or login.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

Re: Chinese Democracy "On the schedule"

rose22 wrote:

i admit that i am hoping for success for cd. on the other hand if it doesn't do well i guess i won't be to suprised. many unfulfilled years have gone by. i have to learn not to get personally bothered by members who look at things with they're brain instead of they're hearts. hearts get killed.....it's why if i was a gambling man regarding sports or gn'r i would be homeless.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Just because we've been talking about and waiting for CD doesn't mean the rest of the record buying public has been.  I think a lot of people are over-estimating the power of a few people on the internet.  CD selling well is far from a sure thing...that may not have been the case a few years ago, but it is now.

I understand what are saying and agree to the extent that I'll concur that not everyone shares the hardcore level of enthusiasm that most in the online community do. However, I do feel there is a reasonable, if passing and casual,  interest among the wider community for the following reasons:

While old GNR was always about more than just Axl and some new fans forget this, we must remember it was Axl up front making a lot of the news. Riots. Accusations of Racicm and Homophobia. Fueds with Nirvana. This stuff makes the news. It was hard to have watched TV back in the day and have never him running around in bike pants and one of his civil war jackets. Then there was the terminator 2 clip which was huge at the time. I know people who are totally anti hard rock and metal...but when they hear any version of KOHD they add in the "Aye...Aye...Aye..Yeah" parts. Watch the first and second season of stuff from back then like Melrose Place and there is GNR refrences in the dialoge. What i'm saying is people remember who Axl is. And so when the album is released, and a lot of noise is made about his return, a lot of people will check it out. I mean how much fuss was there in the press when he came back in 06. And what did he really do? Go to a few parties, then do a few shows in NYC and there was a ton of coverage.

There will be a few types of people. Those who care like us. Then those who would have a passing interest but don't really care too much - these people would have heard the occasional story in the media over the years about how Axl is nuts and doesn't release records. So if enough noise is made about one - they might check it out. Especially as every review will go on about it being so long. Then there aere people who will have assumed Axl was just gone - and consider this a form of comeback like say any big 80s star does from time to time. Then there's the new fans who got into GNR through greatest hits because the name had become a legend of one of those cool old bands people talk about.

You know all these years its bugged me when I read mocking articles and stuff. But i think all those negatives might become positives now - as giving axl a bunch of shit has given him exposure to new people. Look at this article that was posted like a month or two ago in a JB Hi Fi cataloge (that's the big HiFi and Music retailer in Australia for those overseas) as an example. This kind of thing used to be bad...but with an album comming out...would only increase the amount of people who notice it.

w7lidf.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Some of you are aware I have an old friend who works at Uni in L.A.

I sent her a message yesterday asking for an update on the state of Chinese Democracy in light of the Rock Band 2 announcement and I just received this response:

I know its on the schedule... for late Q3/early Q4.. its never been on there before. So I guess you never know, it should be happening.

Good news!

Holy shit. That is GREAT news.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

When does Universal's list of releases for Q3/Q4 come out? Late August?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer