You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Re: Slash joins Fergie on stage for a rendition of SCOM

Roxxie wrote:
Tommie wrote:

LoL god I hope I don't sound as stupid as this guy screaming in the background... "oh my god she did NOT", "NO FUCKING WAY"

Nah, I know I'll probably be alot worse when I finally see GnR...I'll be the nutcase in the front row crying 16

That guy was so funny, the best bit was "OH HELL NO" 21

And yeah I was like that when I saw GnR. 9

Awesome performance as well, Fergie's singing was great.  Her touring guitarist must have been so happy..how many people get to play SCOM with Slash!

nugdafied wrote:

Wow! Does Fergie always do gymnastics like that? Or was she just showing for 21? But yeah, she does Heart well & fills out those pants nicely.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash nailed the solo and he didn't have the wah, which I love, to cover up any bad notes, like finck does.  I guess he didn't want to go through the trouble of hooking up his wah for a song or two.  The solo was awesome.  I feel like when nobody is around, he practices GNR shit to warm up and get ready.  He fucking killed that solo.  Great bends and all....

Wow, just wow. "He didn't have the wah...to cover up any bad notes, like Finck does." The original fucking version has wah on it. So I guess you really can't say Finck is just using the way to cover up bad notes. He's just earning his paycheck in a touring band covering a song the way it was originally recorded. Further more, you can't really say anything about Slash not using the wah blah blah blah, because the man has his own signature wah. Also, "he didn't want to go through the trouble of hooking up his wah for a song or two"? Have you ever hooked up a wah? All it entails is using one extra cable and putting it inline between the guitar and the amp. Not exactly tedious labor.

Please, do not try to make what you think are valid points, when you know nothing about your own points.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

No one else is seriously cringing at this?  Fergie killed that song. 

Slash did pretty good.  Changed the solo a little bit.  On the runs, he played them straight through instead of doing any bends or anything.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Playing with Fergie isn't very rock n roll I admit, however if she asked me to join her onstage I'd be up there like a fucking greyhound tongue

Slash sounded awesome on this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash nailed the solo and he didn't have the wah, which I love, to cover up any bad notes, like finck does.  I guess he didn't want to go through the trouble of hooking up his wah for a song or two.  The solo was awesome.  I feel like when nobody is around, he practices GNR shit to warm up and get ready.  He fucking killed that solo.  Great bends and all....

Wow, just wow. "He didn't have the wah...to cover up any bad notes, like Finck does." The original fucking version has wah on it. So I guess you really can't say Finck is just using the way to cover up bad notes. He's just earning his paycheck in a touring band covering a song the way it was originally recorded. Further more, you can't really say anything about Slash not using the wah blah blah blah, because the man has his own signature wah. Also, "he didn't want to go through the trouble of hooking up his wah for a song or two"? Have you ever hooked up a wah? All it entails is using one extra cable and putting it inline between the guitar and the amp. Not exactly tedious labor.

Please, do not try to make what you think are valid points, when you know nothing about your own points.

No, His wah is run through a rig.  He probably just used a standard issue Marshall amp that the backing band had.  I KNOW THERE IS FUCKING WAH ON THE SONG.  READ MY QUOTE, I said I like the Wah.  Slash may no have known where he was going to be on stage.  Maybe he missed rehearsal.  I don't know why he wouldn't play with the wah other than that he a: Forgot it.  B: Didn't feel like going through trouble of busting out his wireless wah and dialing it in C: Wah Failure and wasn't working.  Don't try to be a smart ass when we all know there is a wah.  IF YOU READ AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD, I POINT OUT THERE IS WAH IN THE SONG.  Its old school because up until 1990, Slash didn't play wah live because he hated pedals in a live setting.  Not until he got his current guitar tech, Andy, did he start using effects more.  If I am going to stand in for a song with a band, the easiest thing to do is go Guitar to Amp.  If its a full show, then ya, maybe go through the effort of dialing in your tone perfect, getting all your pedals etc.  Plus, it sounded just fine with no wah.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
russtcb wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Karma. I didn't want to get into the whole Finck/Slash thing again but these are some great points about it.

My point about the bad notes is that we know SLASH DIDN'T HIT ANY BECAUSE THE WAH WASN'T THERE TO COVER UP ANY ERRORS LIKE THE WAH CAN DO WHEN ITS IN ON POSITION.  I wasn't saying that finck uses the wah to cover up errors, I am saying if finck makes an error while using wah, its easier to cover up when the wah is being used.  Do any of you play guitar, or just like to talk about it like you do?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is what I posted on HTGTH, maybe it reads better for those that misunderstood me.

Up until the UYI Tour, Slash rarely played wah live on this song because he went straight guitar to amp in those days and his pedals weren't great in a live setting.  With more money came better touring equipment and he was able to use the wah in a live setting again.  I assume he didn't use wah here because he was standing in for a song or two and didn't want to go through the trouble of bringing his wah out for one song if someone in the band didn't have one.  I agree the wah adds passion to the solo.  But a wah will cover up a lot of mistakes, so in that regard it was nice to not have the wah so we could hear that he can still hit all the right notes.

Does that help?

Board footer