You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Slash joins Fergie on stage for a rendition of SCOM

polluxlm wrote:

With Fergie...? Dear heavens.

Car commercial, Bill Gates...it's embarrassing. Where's the guy that liked to boast he was 'street'? Can't do much of that anymore.

Worst part is, it's so unnecessary. Slash hates the song, only reason he started liking it was because of the reception from the audience. He makes a fool of himself. The self proclaimed king of cool, gimme a break.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

This is Cool. Whats wrong with it? To not do it is just ego driven. "I'm too good for this"  "I have too much cred for this"  I mean what's that even mean. These guys all lost their "street Cred" over   a decade ago.  They dont' live in shit boxes anymore. They party with celebs. Fuck last tour Richard and Finck coverd beautiful by Christina.  What's the difference?  If Slash did this cause the fans loved it than thats' cool. If the reaction was positive than that's cool.  It's Slash playing a classic fucking Gn'R tune?  If Axl did a duet with her on SCOM how'd that be percived? It's better than holing up in your basement for a decade leaving your fans starved like someone I could mention.  Slash's car commercial wasn't cool but when Better was in line for the Harley Ad that was cool? C'mon people.  Get over this "$la$h is a sellout" thing.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
russtcb wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen the new singer of Velvet Revolver. 22

I actually thought Fergie did really well on the song. A studio cover featuring Slash would be awesome. The girl has an amazing set of pipes. Anyone else see her Axl dance and the "Do you know were you are" line at the end of Barracuda. Fucking awesome!

I think she'd a terrible choice for VR singer.

So was Scott Weiland. At least Fergie has on stage chemistry with Slash. roll

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
Tommie wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

I sincerely hope not.  She completely ruined the Black Eyed Peas.

Fergie made the Black Eyed Peas. She was the only real talent they had.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

Fergie made the Black Eyed Peas. She was the only real talent they had.

And thats saying somethign thats for sure! 16

read with heavy sarcasm big_smile

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

I actually thought Fergie did really well on the song. A studio cover featuring Slash would be awesome. The girl has an amazing set of pipes. Anyone else see her Axl dance and the "Do you know were you are" line at the end of Barracuda. Fucking awesome!

I think she'd a terrible choice for VR singer.

So was Scott Weiland. At least Fergie has on stage chemistry with Slash. roll

I'm speachless.  Let's go from someone who doens't fit VR's music, to a girl who doesn't fit their music.  All they're doing is changing sexes.  14

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I now think he had a wah there, but that it wasn't working properly.  At the 5:30 mark is he trying to engage the wah?  Maybe.  Either way, kick ass.  Sorry Dr. Love for my rude posts.

Apology accepted. I think that Finck is a great guitarist and I really see no reason for people to shit on him.

I can haz my reputation point back?

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Agreed on Weilend but it didn't look to me as if she had any more chemistry with Slash then Weiland did.

Slash loves cigarettes, heroin, and snakes. Ironically he does not have chemistry with heroin using, cigarette smoking snakes.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I really think Slash is in danger of being overexposed.

I mean I'm not going to comment on each individual thing and whether the Bill Gates thing or the Fergie thing were good or bad, I'm just talking generally.

It's seems that every other day he is appearing at something.  I mean I know he likes to play, and he seems generous with his time, but as I think someone else mentioned he needs to get some mystic back.

When every man and his dog has seen Slash play at every wedding, party and everything else in between then it's does take some of the gloss and enigma away from him.

Just my 2cents.

Board footer