You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

I don't know if they wanted t use Joker again or not. I certainly don't think they need to. I was thrilled to see the classic Batman-Joker relationship put together. They can't kill each other. Batman can't be corrupted so he would never kill Joker or let him die (unless they wanted to re-do the Ra's thing) and of course Batman won't die in the Batman film franchise. They are doomed to battle over and over again, but you only need to show one of those battles in films since they allow for fewer repeats than comics and cartoons.

It's pretty much the same ending as The Killing Joke, which is brilliant to see that stroy respected and used.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Hidden Text:

They led you to believe The Joker was arrested - again.

I don't think they really have to address it at all if they do #3. And still stay in the same continuity.

As big as this new franchise has been, and surpassing the old by leaps and bounds, there's no way the continuity won't stay a big concern. It all boils down to whether or not they want The Joker back because... he's the freakin' Joker. He's the most infamous of all supervillians. "You complete me".

The only person I could see taking that role on is Depp.

I disagree James in them going the route of Halloween III. It wouldn't be the right move for this franchise, even though it was the right move for the Halloween franchise (even though everyone failed to see that).

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

This answers some questions.

If you haven't seen it, don't listen as it has spoilers.

http://cdn2.libsyn.com/creativescreenwr … 86a873affe

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think it's absolutely necessary that The Joker return for 3. But if the franchise goes on and on, they are bound to want him back most likely in a 4.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

$203.77 million in just 5 days. It's already broken the 7-day record by $7.7 million and it still has 2 days to earn some more cash. This, my friends, is fucking nuts. It's headed for a 10-day gross around $310-320 million. The previous record is $258 million.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/grossb … s=5&p=.htm

Batman Begins made $205 million the entire time it was out:

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=batmanbegins.htm

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm going to see The X-Files sometime this weekend but I think I'm finally gonna see TDK in IMAX at some point too.

That is the only way to watch it. All of the establishing shots of the city's skyline are in IMAX plus all the major action sequences. I saw it last night in a regular theater and it simply doesn't compare at all. And ironically, I enjoyed the movie more this time. Perhaps it's b/c I didn't have an idiot doing text messaging the entire time next to me with a cell phone light right in my peripheral vision. Or perhaps it's simply because I was able to follow the little details better this time around.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm going to see The X-Files sometime this weekend but I think I'm finally gonna see TDK in IMAX at some point too.

I'm also going to try to see The X-Files: I Want To Believe this weekend too.

Board footer