You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The only thing that worries me is things are once again so extrememly silent, despite the big news.

And in the GN'R camp, no news = NOTHING is happening.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Damage control.

I don't really care what they say or who the guy is. He wasn't lying. He was in a position where he spoke what he thought. Maybe he read the boards maybe he got a friend or maybe he's just a guy that was confused as to what the fuck was going on and maybe he wasnt an employee in any fucking firm, but I've been around people enough to know that that guy wasn't lying when he spoke.

Listen to the tone of his voice, his facial expressions and hand gestures.

It's probably a load of shit what he says, but I dont question that HE believed what he said.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

just read that thread...most people there didnt even seem to know what the video in question was

anyway its all a bunch of bullshit...there is no way that dude would've know gnr's future plans aside from any plans associated with the game itself

Really? I mean of course, Noone who's working on a project that MTV is pretty much in control of would know anything about the artists projects who's song that is from an album that has been in production for 15 years that has become the most anticipated album of all time that is in their game. I man I'm sure things aren't THAT hushed around the harmonix office. I mean MTV does plan the VMA's

if band members dont know whats going on then why would a third party know?

the guy only regurgitates internet rumors anyway, most likely started by someone on a forum like us and then this person posed as someon who worked at harmonix and tried to pass off rumors as fact so the NewGun "journalist" could get some internet "legitimacy"

i've seen it a million times and its all bull i'm telling you...this is like the guy who heard the blues while walking under a window in LA 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
DCK wrote:

It's probably a load of shit what he says, but I dont question that HE believed what he said.

Totally agree. He prob just has friends that go to the board. You know like immagine this dude is my friend, i've just been spending my day in the usual way ranting about crap in our "will the VMA's have axl again" thread or reading one of Baz's interviews where he goes on about how axl has 3 cds and its good stuff. So I meet up with him one night and he tells me he is working on rockstar with Shackler's Revenge. I'd go crazy, and we'd talk GNR and i'd regurgitate about half the threads I read that day. Then someone comes and interviews him, he says "I heard it was going to be VMAs etc" - just means he spoke to me wink

Obviously this didn't happen...but i'm showing how easily the guy could be telling the truth but actually not know anything else than we do. (except as related to Shackler)

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

just read that thread...most people there didnt even seem to know what the video in question was

anyway its all a bunch of bullshit...there is no way that dude would've know gnr's future plans aside from any plans associated with the game itself

Really? I mean of course, Noone who's working on a project that MTV is pretty much in control of would know anything about the artists projects who's song that is from an album that has been in production for 15 years that has become the most anticipated album of all time that is in their game. I man I'm sure things aren't THAT hushed around the harmonix office. I mean MTV does plan the VMA's

if band members dont know whats going on then why would a third party know?

the guy only regurgitates internet rumors anyway, most likely started by someone on a forum like us and then this person posed as someon who worked at harmonix and tried to pass off rumors as fact so the NewGun "journalist" could get some internet "legitimacy"

i've seen it a million times and its all bull i'm telling you...this is like the guy who heard the blues while walking under a window in LA 16

I know it's fake. I was just pointing out that the harmonix crew probably knows a good bit more about this album than we do. And yes the guy is an employee, one of the harmonix guys confirmed it on the Rockband forums, and no that guy is not Ryan Lesser. Google Image his name and you'll see that. Oh and the harmonix guy from the rb forums said he knows who the guy is, and that he will never get credited for anything again, so i guess that means pink slip for him

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if thats the case then i hope the douchebag who interviewed him is happy

but i still say its fake 16 not that it really matters one way or the other 19

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Ya the harmonix employee said it was fake. He also says that they've contacted the guy nicely several times to take the vid down but he hasn't. And he said  he thinks the dude prolly was working with the journalist too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

But see that right there is the problem strat.

If it's so fake, why would they bother addressing it and asking them to take it down. If it's not valid, why even address it? The only people giving them evem MORE attention is Harmonix.

It seems more and more this is damage control - not fake.

Board footer