You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Hidden Text:

If he was alive that was the worst ever medical ever. A guy who's fallen several stories and is unconscious, possily dead, with 3rd degree burns no less, and they turn his head over? They don't call for medics? They didn't even check his pulse - I know the hopeful will use that as proof that he isn't dead, that they never declared him based on a heartbeat or pulse, but if he wasn't dead Bats probably killed him turning his head over like that.

This is a superhero movie we're talking about here. You could drop ten thousand nukes on someone's head and there's a 99.9% chance of them returning for the sequel.

Communist China wrote:
Hidden Text:

besides, if all of Harvey is gone, and only the evil of Two-Face is left, he's not that interesting of a character. The good side of Harvey has to survive for a 3rd movie including him to be any good.

Good point.

Thanks for saying that was a good point.

Hidden Text:

I know it's a super-hero movie, but Nolan's stamp on Batman has been reality. DC fans mock Marvel's seemingly goofie reality flaws all the time and gloat about Batman's sophisticated realism, and bringing Harvey back would be a major blow to the credibility of the series. With a roges gallery as wide as Batman's, with villains from Riddler to Peingun to Deadshot to Hush, I don't see a need for Two-Face, or a legitimate way to bring him back without losing the realism feel. I would say the Nolan brothers understood the Dent character, but failed to write his story as well as they wrote him.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Hidden Text:

I wouldn't be surprised if Harvey is alive.  In the comic that they based a lot of the movie on, Harvey wound up hiding out in the sewer for a number of months.  I wouldn't count anything out just yet.  If Dent is dead, then The Joker really did succeed in making Batman break his "one rule."

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

God damn it CC, you bring up a good point.

Hidden Text:

It's true if the public views Dent as dead, it makes the Two Face character pointless since it would just be Two Face and not Dent.  Then again, the public could find out their gov. lied, thus creating more chaos and possibly even less trust of Batman as well.  Sounds like a good premise for another movie at least.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Well, if you can't wait for a DVD release of TDK, I really suggest typing in The Dark Knight R5 into google.

Also, if you don't know how to use torrents, now is the time to learn.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Went to see this again last night, the cinema was still packed 2 weeks after release, I ended up in crappy seats near the front but it wasn't so bad. It was still as good on second viewing if not better, the films less disorientating a secodn time and it allows you to notice things you'd missed first time round.

Hidden Text:

After a second watch I'm pretty sure Dent is dead, whether that was always the plan or Nolan's deliberately leading us down the wrong path and he's really alive I don't know, if it's the latter then it's poorly done because Dent is stone cold dead at the end of that film he's not breathing at all and the way Gordona and Batman are talking about him they clearly think he's dead.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm thinking of going to the imax version soon. Is it much different?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Cool thanks. I might go ahead and do it...i was just a bit skeptical because imax is kinda pricey here compared to regular movies and i'm cheap...and also i was wondering if after the imax scenes it seems narrow when it resumes 2.39:1 aspect! But sounds like it would be crazy cool to see that way!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer