You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Song #2 (Prostitute) is the biggest gun of all IMO

Will wrote:

I liked the song for a few weeks but I'm tired of it now. Going to refrain from listening to it again until the album is released in hope that a "finished" version will bring it new life/playability.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't get into these discussions because I can't change anyone's opinion and no one can change mine, but it's one of my favorites so far. It's about perfect in my eyes and ears, even without a strong Bucket performance.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I like this song, but the biggest gun? Better and CITR are by far the best 2 songs, IMO.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

I love this song its one of my favourites. Its definitely a grower and the people who haven't listened to it since the initial craze should listen to it again. The vocal melodies are incredible. Especially the "ask yourself" bridge section. At first i thought the verse parts were quite cheesy but they grew on me and the provide the light to the chorus' heavy section.

The only problem i have is the solos. Finck's solo is poor and BH's solo has nothing to do with the rest of the song. Sounds completely out of place. I also agree the first line is terrible.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

This is my least favorite newGNR song and one of the 3-4 worst Guns songs ever recorded. It is purely awful, the lyrics are an embarrasment, the music is very blah, there is nothing about this track that I enjoy. I really hope this isn't Prostitute because if so this is the biggest disappointment in music of the decade.

I expected Prostitute to have fire, real meaning, to be lean and concise, to find a space between Appetite's rock, UYI's granduer, and industrial-ish newGuns, but instead it bores and saddens me with 80s wannabe music and awful lyrics.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The lyrics aren't very good, but the song itself is pretty damn good IMHO. Axl's vocals, melodies, and the music itself are all great.

ibelieveinaxl
 Rep: 4 

you people have no clue about this tune. it's fucking magnificent! stop bitching and hoping for an afd remake. these new tunes kill afd...:rock:

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
ibelieveinaxl wrote:

you people have no clue about this tune. it's fucking magnificent! stop bitching and hoping for an afd remake. these new tunes kill afd...:rock:

While I respect your opinion.  You my friend need to stop smoking them funny cigarettes.  Nothing from the leaks we got thus far kills AFD and touches AFD.  My 2 favourite songs so far from them leaks is CD and CITR.  As a matter of fact I hope CITR becomes a single as it could become a huge hit.  Better I never got that song.  The intro and outro from the first leak totally killed that song forever as far as I'm concerned.  Axl sounded like a cat that was getting his balls cut off.  Song 2 did nothing for me and it vertainly doesn't kill anything on AFD not even Anything Goes and I think about you.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not only is it the best leak so far, i'd go as far to put it in the Top-3 of songs ever under the Guns N' Roses name.

Estranged
Coma
Song #2

Yep, that's right.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

As much as people always talk about these songs being demos and how silly that gets with a 200 track pro tools set up going on...this song is one of those that feels 'unfinished' to me. Stylisticly I think the chorus melodies and heavier parts are really haunting and it's got a lot of potential to become one of the best GNR songs I think...but its maybe not there yet.

i agree. somewhere in there is a good song. there's some really cool aspects to it.

but in it's current form, it's average at best. i'm turned off as soon as i hear the shitty fake drums in the beginning.

IMO axl seems desperate to make "November Rain 2" and "bury" the original NR.

(and my opinion has nothing to do with who is on guitar - i'm not loyal to any one guitarist. i can barely tell who is on guitar most of the time. if it sounds good, i like it.)

Board footer