You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Song #2 (Prostitute) is the biggest gun of all IMO

James wrote:
ibelieveinaxl wrote:

you people have no clue about this tune. it's fucking magnificent! stop bitching and hoping for an afd remake. these new tunes kill afd...:rock:

Care to point me in the direction of someone here wanting an AFD remake?

Just because I don't like this song has nothing to do with how much "clue" I have.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The song is excellent. One of the best songs Axl has ever written.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I like the orchestral hit part, the pounding drums in it. A lot. Cool stuff.

That's it.

Utter shite, as far as the rest is concerned. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same stale drum-loop over and over again in all these songs. If Mr. Pitman is such a genius, how come he has to re-use the same thing over and over and over again? Axl's vocals sound like Ozzy (at his current age) in heat, with a bad cold and as drunk as my uncle at a Christmas party. Axl's lyrics seem to be written by a love-lorn 15 year old who just got dumped by his first girl.

Mr._Horse_as_a_GI.png "No sir, I don't like it"

jac185
 Rep: 3 

jac185 wrote:

The initial moment the orchestra comes in is pretty cracking.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I really loved this track when we first heard it, I thought it was one of the best new tracks from the CD era. A few months down the line I'm less impressed by it, I haven't listened to it in a while and I don't really have the urge to either (same goes for all the leaks actually, I'm taking a break from them). Having said that I still think it's the best of the 3 new tracks we heard, it just got stale for me a lot quicker than Better, TWAT etc did.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i hope this isn't prostitute. my guess is that it is not.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

This is gonna sound really strange, but here's how this song goes for me:

When it starts I usually don't want to listen to it. But by the time it's over I'm usually really glad I did.

'm the same way about a couple of the leaks...i think i'm sick of them or consider skipping them, then listen to them and get wraped up and carried away in them again.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Care to point me in the direction of someone here wanting an AFD remake?

16 I do...but not with the new band...I want the old guys to go into the studio and re-record that shit on protools in lossless highdef audio...and now that slash can shred faster in paradice city and nightrain...

ok...wait I thought I did want that when i started this post...now i realise what an offence to man, god, and music history that would be!!

I must say though - theres times when the old production values of appetite hurt me...i mean the record itself is fucking killer - but you listen to tracks off it after say TSI - and you can hear everything get a lot more quiet and analog mixed.....

Board footer