You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Stuck Inside

Sky Dog wrote:

duuuuuuuuuude, Axl kinda rocks on this one. Very old school metal. This actually is a good radio song. Do we have a clear BITS mp3 and not the radio rip?

Love it!!!!!  Axl scream is insane!!!  5 9

The song is definitely a great rocker and I love the soft parts inbetween.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

So we're celebrating a song to be released in 2007 that sounds like it's from the 80s?  Is this really what it's come down to?

The Guns N' Roses community has become a bunch of "settlers" when it comes to music.  It's sad.  We settle for anything that has Axl on it and celebrate average to below average performances as "great" and "mindblowing" when they are nothing special.  So far, the best comments people have made specifically about Axl are related to his "screams" in the songs.  Come on.  Expect Axl to live up to the standards he's set.  Don't praise him just because he's Axl.  You guys are acting like drug addicts and Axl is the drug.  You don't care if it's watered down as long as you get your fix.  It's embarrassing.

I refuse to belive that I'm the only one that sees the obvious.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i celebrate what comes from the 80s cos to me stuff like Skid Row and GNR from the 80s kicks the fuck out of what i hear on the radio these days!

also - axl is singing on baz's songs - he is a screamer type singer - so it makes sence that Axl will add some power screams - its what you do in this genre.

One of the good things of Axl was always that he can do screams and rocker stuff yet also write awesome softer stuff too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Whats the "obvious"? Even people who like this will admit its more stale than a 20 year old loaf of raisin bread. I haven't seen anyone claim its mindblowing either. If they do think that, I would like to recommend some music to them that will truly blow their mind.

People are just glad to hear Axl on some new music. It helps tide people over until an album comes out.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'll probably never listen to the song again....but it wasn't that bad and Axl's screams were cool....not mindblowing...cool. You don't hear that type of shit on the radio anymore and it is refreshing.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

The obvious:
1) Baz is washed up.
2) Baz used Axl to sell albums for him.
3) Axl's performances on the songs are below the standards he's set for himself when he last released albums.
4) The album will fail.
5) The media will lump Axl is with Baz when the album fails.
6) Axl's already fragile ego will take another hit which will not help the possible release of CD.
7) The few vocal fans that support Axl no matter what he does will blast me for this post.

I'm sure there's more, but this is all that jumps out at me at this time.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

More of the same really. It won't be in regular rotation on my playlist but it's ok. It's what I expected, typical Baz songs with Axl featuring nothing more and nothing less.

When is Love Is A Bitchslap (with Axl) going to leak then? Or did I miss that, I figured with that being the single it would have been leaked first?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i celebrate what comes from the 80s cos to me stuff like Skid Row and GNR from the 80s kicks the fuck out of what i hear on the radio these days!

also - axl is singing on baz's songs - he is a screamer type singer - so it makes sence that Axl will add some power screams - its what you do in this genre.

One of the good things of Axl was always that he can do screams and rocker stuff yet also write awesome softer stuff too.

I love 80s music more than most.  That said, I have no interest in reliving the 80s.  Move ahead with the music.  Grow as an artist.  Make music that at the very least gives the impression that you've adapted to changes in the world over the past 20 years.

Baz had a great voice (I'm not sure anymore based on these songs but he was pretty good on bootlegs) and I was a Skid Row fan years ago.  Guns N' Roses in the 80s/early 90s was the best band I've ever seen in my opinion.  Even if the original band was still together, I wouldn't want to hear another AFD.  I liked the fact that they grew from AFD to UYI and I would have hoped that they would've continued to grow had they stayed together.  Even the CD songs show growth and progression from UYI and had they been released in the late 90s, I think it could have been big.  Now we're in 2007 waiting for Axl to release 90s songs.  roll

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The obvious:
1) Baz is washed up.
2) Baz used Axl to sell albums for him.
3) Axl's performances on the songs are below the standards he's set for himself when he last released albums.
4) The album will fail.
5) The media will lump Axl is with Baz when the album fails.
6) Axl's already fragile ego will take another hit which will not help the possible release of CD.
7) The few vocal fans that support Axl no matter what he does will blast me for this post.

I'm sure there's more, but this is all that jumps out at me at this time.

1. of course
2. No doubt, but clearly Axl doesn't have a problem with this.
3. Its not a GNR album, so standards aren't high. He probably spent a day or two on this project, if even that.
4. No doubt. It will be extremely lucky if it sells ten thousand copies its 1st week.
5. A definite possibility, and is the only reason I had reservations about this project.
6. If the failure of the record becomes more associated with Axl, I would agree.
7. I don't think anyone is going to "blast" you, but if people enjoy the songs, they are going to enjoy it.

Board footer