You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: My Coke Fest 2008

elmir wrote:

I have no clue in which section to post this, because its kind of GNR related, because of their cancellation this year, and organisers are beginning to announce new acts for next year at the moment:

here is the current press release, they are still to announce a headliner.....my guess is that it won't be GNR, the promoters and Coca Cola are little more than just pissed with gnr and their ways, costing them in the region of 1 million US this year....so they won't give them another chance.....VR and RHCP are a possibility, although RHCP could fill a stadium here on their own, so i doubt them too....lets wait and see...

The mega-fest kicks off at Newmarket Racecourse in Johannesburg on Friday, March 21 and proceeds to the Kenilworth Racecourse in Cape Town on Monday, March 24. In true "Coke side of life" style, MY COKE FEST 08 features the hottest line-up to date and a blend of the finest and most sought after International and SA talent!

The all-star, multi-award winning line-up includes US Rock sensation GOOD CHARLOTTE, Britain's Best Live Act KAISER CHIEFS, Sound Garden and Audioslave front-man CHRIS CORNELL, Supermassive MUSE and the multi-platinum, Grammy-winning KORN. On the local front, the first band to be announced is one of SA's top rock outfits PRIME CIRCLE. This is only the beginning... so grab a COKE, watch this space, tune in to 5FM and enjoy the COKE side of life!

My Coke Fest is presented by Coca-Cola and official radio partner 5fm, in association with Big Concerts.

Ticket prices:

Golden Circle R600 (incl. service charges)
General Admission R400 (incl. service charges)
Student Admission R330 (incl. service charges)

Tickets on sale from 09h00 Friday 26th October 2007 at Computicket outlets country-wide, www.computicket.com or 083 915 8000.

For more info go to www.bigconcerts.co.za.

2007 FESTIVAL FACTS:

* There was an equivalent amount of power to light up an average sized town.
* There was in the region of 24km of cabling.
* A custom-made lighting rig was designed for the festival, with over 120 automated fixtures.
* The festival boasted 48 Hi and 24 Lo Turbo Sound Flashlight PAs on either side of the stage.
* The stage was a whopping 78 X 26 Meters
* The equipment was transported in thirty six 30-ton trucks.
* There were 8 000 parking bays and 2 entrances to the festival in Johannesburg.
* There were 6 000 parking bays and 2 entrances to the festival in Cape Town.
* There were more than 800 working staff in Johannesburg and 400 in Cape Town.
* The total size of bar space at the Joburg festival was a whopping 120 metres and was manned by 240 barmen. It had more than 40 draught taps, served approximately 10 000 beers/ciders per hour and more than 100 000 beers/ciders in total!
*The total size of bar space at the Cape Town festival was an impressive 60 metres and was manned by 120 barmen. It had more than 20 draught taps, served approximately 5 000 beers/ciders per hour and more than 50 000 beers/ciders in total.
* There were more than 60 000 litres of Coca-Cola and 50 000 meals available at 25 large vending outlets and 80 mobile vendors in Johannesburg.
* There were more than 40 000 litres of Coca-Cola and 30 000 meals available at the 15 large vending outlets and 40 mobile vendors in Cape Town.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

moved it to here..cuz its about music

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If M.I.A. wasn't getting sick of touring, I would say you would most likely get to see her there. Not as a headliner of course, but somewhere on the bill.

If my shows weren't so soon, I would actually start worrying about cancellations. She recently said how she was getting tired of touring, and thats not words of encouragement to fans. There's still many places she hasn't performed yet(Africa included).

Hopefully you'll get some major act like U2 or Metallica to headline the event. You deserve it after the clusterfuck this year.

If CD ever gets launched, GNR should definitely head over there.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

I am going to this,might have to go to both shows.

elmir

elmir wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

If M.I.A. wasn't getting sick of touring, I would say you would most likely get to see her there. Not as a headliner of course, but somewhere on the bill.

If my shows weren't so soon, I would actually start worrying about cancellations. She recently said how she was getting tired of touring, and thats not words of encouragement to fans. There's still many places she hasn't performed yet(Africa included).

Hopefully you'll get some major act like U2 or Metallica to headline the event. You deserve it after the clusterfuck this year.

If CD ever gets launched, GNR should definitely head over there.

MIA hasn't been promoted or marketed here at all....sticking her on the bill for a rock festival would be wrong....its not her market....no one here knows who she is....

Metallica headlined two years ago, U2 can pack a stadium on their own, so i doubt either of the two....

my guess would be that they would try for the Chilli Peppers, Radiohead, Coldplay, or something similar....again, each and every one of those can pack a venue by themselves, so why should they play at a festival, but one never knows....

let's see....gnr won't...its better that they don't....they left a sour taste in our mouths last time.....so its better that they stay away for a while....

Horrific

Horrific wrote:

Are you from RSA?Anyway I think GNR should come,it was unfortunate that they didnt this year.

elmir

elmir wrote:

yes.
i think its better that they don't.....the "welcome" may not be what it was last year.....

Horrific

Horrific wrote:

Sure but for us real fans it would be great,I still think there would be alot of hype.Im just excited bout this one though.Muse,Korn!!

Board footer