You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Baz now claims 4 GNR albums exist

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wasn't somebody in Axl's house/studio & said he has a whole wall full of cd's. I think it was Moby or Youth. I think it was in Q magazine a few years ago, I'll see if I still have it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Robman wrote:

not as diverse?

I expect it to be a very diverse album.

You might be right actually, as I guess CD and say TWAT are quite different.

I was just thinking that in the original GNR everyone seemed to bring in their own style...like Axl brings some Queen, Slash some Aerosmith, Izzy some stones, Duff some punk etc....obviously its not that simple...but you can really hear the different influences in different songs.

Wheras I was assuming this project is mostly axl's work. Although i guess we know Robin did better - so who knows maybe it will also be divrse.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe 3000 hrs wourth of material...cuz when each individual dude goes into the studio it was just a constant recording session , but itsa just one guy fucking around....at least thats what i understood of the way axl works...record a bunch of stuff, axl listens and clips out the ideas he likes t hen he gets abck to them to improve on those ideas...

as to 4 albums of finished songs....i seriously doubt it...enough ideas to finish 4 albums....thats more beleiveable

the album is already diverse russctb...if what we heard is any indication 19

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
madagas wrote:

****James, at a minimum, the new band needs Stinson and Finck. The only two constants. One of those guys leaves and trouble is a brewing. Bumble could always be replaced by Bucket, who would probably consider a return if an album was released...same with Brain. Richard.....just grab Izzy! A real rhythm player!

Dizzy too..

I agree that Stinson and Finck have remained the 2 constants for this era, just as Slash and Duff were in the original band, but I don't think Dizzy's presence has made much of a difference in the past or present. Axl could do what he does. So could Pittman, and probably even better.

I think Dizzy could be gone tomorrow and it would honestly make little to no difference at all.

bba

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

the dirt
 Rep: 3 

the dirt wrote:

for the forseeable future, does it really matter how many albums may exist?

In ten years and after a couple more CD tours there will be 7 or 8 albums sitting there.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

You really dont think they have made 20-25 more since 2002-2007?

No.

What would be the point?  TWAT was the first song they wrote, IRS dates to around the same time as OMG, The Blues is pre-01, Better i would expect would be around the same time, and a lot of names that have a good chance of being on the album have been mentioned well before now. 

Also, if there were new songs, we'd have heard rumors of new titles by now. 

There are definently not 20 new songs.  I would say at the very max there would be 5, probably most of those being just ideas, not a real song that would be even ready for a demo.

November Rain
 Rep: 4 

3, 4 or 7000 albums or whatever. What I´m fucking jealous about is that the fucker had the priviledge to listen to them!!!:love:

Board footer