You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Re: Marc Canter on Fuse - The Sauce

AtariLegend wrote:

Have you listened to any of his solo stuff...?

Yes. Awhile back, a member on mygnr uploaded some material of his for me to listen to.

Honestly, I'm really not that impressed. I don't see how his guitar style will make any positive contribution to the album. I just personally think that it's unnecessary, but I know that there are people who will try and justify anybody that Axl puts on the payroll.

bba

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Although I'm in agreement that the album should be released, we have to remember that addition has worked in the past. They had an album with Finck-Stinson-Huge-Freese-Dizzy and maybe Brian May. It was put off so that new members BH and Brain could be added to it. I don't think anyone would tell you that was the wrong decision.

I think you are more concerned with the subtraction than the addition here. You're afraid that adding Ron and Frank means taking out BH and Brain. That's a fair point, but you should state it in that way, and not just say you're against "addition".

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Communist China wrote:

Although I'm in agreement that the album should be released, we have to remember that addition has worked in the past. They had an album with Finck-Stinson-Huge-Freese-Dizzy and maybe Brian May. It was put off so that new members BH and Brain could be added to it. I don't think anyone would tell you that was the wrong decision.

I think you are more concerned with the subtraction than the addition here. You're afraid that adding Ron and Frank means taking out BH and Brain. That's a fair point, but you should state it in that way, and not just say you're against "addition".

I'm not afraid that adding Ron or Frank means taking out Brain or BH.

At this point, I think additions of any kind are completely and totally ridiculous.

We're talking 10 years in the making here ....

I'm sorry, but I don't believe BBF, Frank or anyone else is going make or break this album either way. The material is either going to be good or it isn't. Not to mention, what in the hell has BBF or Frank's resume shown in the past that should make me believe that they are needed in any way. Neither of them have done anything spectacular that would warrant another delay.

bba

bringbackadler wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I'm not afraid that adding Ron or Frank means taking out Brain or BH.

At this point, I think additions of any kind are completely and totally ridiculous.

We're talking 10 years in the making here ....

I'm sorry, but I don't believe BBF, Frank or anyone else is going make or break this album either way. The material is either going to be good or it isn't. Not to mention, what in the hell has BBF or Frank's resume shown in the past that should make me believe that they are needed in any way. Neither of them have done anything spectacular that would warrant another delay.

bba

Have you listened to Normal or Uncool, if you have, you'll see just how talented BBF really is and diverse he is if you haven't, then you really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to BBF, Axl had the presence of mind to know what BBF can do he came highly recommended by Joe Satriani and Axl put him in the band, he just didn't pick any guitarist that walked off the street to fill BH's spot. 

Frank I have never listened to anything other then what I have heard live.   

Bottom line, Axl wanted them on the album and I for one think that's great and shows what kind of a guy Axl is to really make the new members feel apart of Chinese Demo when it finally gets released.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There's no way the album gets improved from what it was in the 2001-04 time frame. I don't care if Jesus Christ makes additions.

Sky Dog wrote:

the only thing they could do is improve the mixes and clean up Axl's vocals...possibly take stuff out in songs that are too busy.

Board footer