You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: the new vr singer is?

monkeychow wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Wait a minute... when was that guy who won Rockstar: Supernova mentioned as VR's singer?

God that would be dreadfull.  That guy is a horrible vocalist.  18

Oh god i hope it's not him. That was the worst album I've heard in years...considering it was made by People that should be cool (Gilby, Jason and Tommy) it really sucked.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Yeah, I bought that album because I dig Gilby and Jason's songwriting.  Turns out they don't get many songwriting credits.  Bullshit.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I wish Slash would get off his high horse and just try to bring Baz into the equation, if it was possible. The whole reason I don't listen to much VR is because Weiland isn't a good enough frontman for a real rock n roll band. In Slash's book, he was willing to "fuck the obvious GNR connotations" to get the band together, so if he'd just get the other 80s connotation out of his head, he might get somewhere and get someone appropriate for the music. From where Slash plays it takes a certain singer to take that music to the next level and it's definitely not Scott Weiland. The voice is too dry and it just comes across as too modern and the lyrics don't have the balls they once did. Honestly, if I could pick between seeing VR with Scott Weiland or with Izzy as a singer, I would hands down take Izzy because at least he'd have those great rhythm sections that made Slash's playing exponentially better, and vice versa. That club tour Izzy proposed way back when doesn't sound so bad...

Board footer