You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Reason Behind The Delay Of "Chinese Democracy"....?

AtariLegend wrote:

From a few hours ago...

Mysteron wrote:

The delay is being caused by the record company. The ball is in their court now.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

AtariLegend wrote:
Mysteron wrote:

The delay is being caused by the record company. The ball is in their court now.

I guess since Mysteron's comment warranted a whole new thread, it also warrants my same response:

Are you wanting me to be impressed that Mysteron said it was in the record company's hands now ? Again, I don't believe every line of bs that I hear. Mysteron has said things in the past that have meant nothing. Was his "expect the unexpected" comment a few months back supposed to mean that he knew the album was going to be held up next by a "business thing."  roll

Even if the ball is in the record company's hands now, it doesn't mean that it is anywhere near coming out. This "business thing" could be played out for an eternity just as all of these other obstacles have been over the years. I hope that I'm wrong, and it does actually comes out sometime in the near future, but I am by no means counting on it. I don't care what Mysteron says.

bba

AtariLegend wrote:

^ Mysteron is a conduct which Guns N' Roses occasionally communicate with their fans through...

So yes it warrants a thread as it is news on what they feel the problem is, whether you believe or dis-believe what he says.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Had I known you were starting a thread, I wouldn't have started discussing it in the other thread. It is definitely a change in strategy. As I said in the other thread, they are implying that the album is finished and GNR has nothing to do with why its not released. This is a huge step. They can no longer claim that more work needs to be done, finishing touches,etc.

If they go back on this statement at a later date and start up the whole finishing touches routine, its possibly the nail in the coffin that has been predicted for years.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I would love for that to be true. That means that either it'll come out in the next few months (and we'll start seeing some promotion soon), or it has been scrapped all together.

Remember: the music industry is about to collapse and they're starting to realize it. Time is running out for these high-profile acts.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't believe it.  Even if it is true, this basically admits that the past 15 years weren't the record company's fault (which we all knew anyway).

James

James wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I would love for that to be true. That means that either it'll come out in the next few months (and we'll start seeing some promotion soon), or it has been scrapped all together.

Yeah, I really think we are at the fork in the road. I remember saying after the 06 clusterfuck that we were probably only going to endure one more year of waiting whether we get the album or not.

Remember: the music industry is about to collapse and they're starting to realize it. Time is running out for these high-profile acts.

Good point. Axl may finally realize he is out of time and decided to hand it over. He cant do any risky ventures with this album because he is under contract with Uni. Best to get it out there in the near future while there's still a handful of people left in the world who buy cds.

The longer the wait in the downloading era, the more likely its going to tank.

Even if it is true, this basically admits that the past 15 years weren't the record company's fault (which we all knew anyway).

Well, they have to say it eventually if its going to come out.:haha:

I don't care if its Pippi Longstocking's fault. I just want to hear the damn thing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Mysteron is right, this makes total sense. The cd is turned in, artwork etc completed. They just do not want to release this album. Yes that's it. WAHHHHHHH the label won't release CD, wAHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHH the label has a grudge against Axl WAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHH the label wants Axl to pay 13 million before they release it, otherwise they will hold onto it forever WAHHHHHHHHH WWAHHHHHHH protest the record company, they are evil WAHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHH it's the record companies fault WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Seriously, you'd have to be from another planet to believe this. The label would LOVE to release this. The only hint of truth that might be in this,  is if Axl said "I'll turn the masters in if........." (if the label does this ______ ie. renogitiate the contract, forgive the 13 mil advance etc etc). But in no way, whatsoever do I believe the master was handed in, and is just sitting on somebody's desk because the label has a vandetta or grudge against Axl. Absolutely not. The label is trying to make money. Selling a GnR record would do just that.

James

James wrote:

They might not know exactly what to do with it. Interscope(under the Universal umbrella) sat on M.I.A.'s album for a few months.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

True, but I think it's alot easier to promo & market the first Guns N Roses record in 16 years than it is to market an up & coming & potential breakthrough artist. MIA potentially could have exploded into the Shakira/Kelly Clarkson stratoshpere if things went there way & everything was clicking. So they really needed a launch campaign & proper timing, singles, and marketing to the correct audiences. I think with GnR they could just put an ad on Target, Best Buy etc's websites saying CD available Nov 20th (or whatever) & send a fax to MTV & all the rock stations. That alone would get some publicity & still sell fairly decent. & that's without even trying.

Anyway, if what Mysteron said is true (which is questionable) I think all it means is they are playing hardball with each other during negotiations. Axl asking for something, the record company isn't budging.

Board footer