You are not logged in. Please register or login.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

Re: WHO SHOULD YOU BELIEVE?

JordanRose wrote:

Cheers, Neemo.

Btw, I can't find an option to 'friend' people i.e. keep a tab of their profile and when you search for someone's post history it gives you the thread but not where the posts are: a pain in a 32 page thread. Any way round this?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

post that request in the management section and downliner will look into it

I've ran into that problem myself hmm

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

For what my opinion is worth; it's a lot of repeating monkeychow and others' posts, but I think most of the problem is now as it always has been, and that's Axl Rose. I have no doubt people quitting the band and this and that have had an effect on this album and delays. But the problem is that this album is just a fucking album; it's not brain surgery. By the time Slash and Duff left the thing should have been almost done; if not released already. Taking so long for an album is outrageous and Axl should know as a logical human being that no one is going to stick around too long to come up with 13 tracks for an album, no matter what circumstances you're under. I am not sure why he'd tour if he didn't think the album release was imminent, so I think there are other outside factors delaying, but he should have learned after people quit time and time again; shit or get off the pot. I have a feeling many fans would be long gone if it wasn't for the constant teasing; the maybes in regards to Chinese Democracy.

Regarding the fans, I'm not experienced as to what is going on as much as the rest of you guys, but I know this: For people to be awaiting this album for so long, he should consider it a blessing whether or not anyone downloads some leaks. He doesn't owe anyone anything, but at the same time we don't owe him anything either. Free expression of all things should be high on Axl's beliefs. I think the wait for the album is something he planned, but something that somewhere lost control because, to semi-quote from Slash's book once again, he can't believe people would rather not deal with the crap that entails being in Guns N' Roses than be in Guns N' Roses. Many musicians live to play music to their people and squatting in a studio for years isn't their idea of a good time.

I don't think the GNR camp realizes that although people are on message boards, it doesn't mean we're losing sleep or more laughably yet, thinking it's actually affecting day to day life for us in a negative sense that his album is in a state of disarray and has been for years. Axl can blame everything on everything he wants, but at the end of the day 95% of shit being flung at him comes in response to his erratic behavior. I wish no ill will towards him, but there does come a time where you have to take some responsibility for how your behavior, promises and actions effects your fanbase or the public in general.

I think it's a situation where no one is innocent, no one is guilty, it's all a massive shade of gray. Some shades are much darker than others. I want to hear Chinese Democracy. I do not care to be friends with Axl Rose.

Board footer