You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Classic Rock 100 Greatest Rock Songs & Alan Niven's Great 8 GN'R Songs

Sky Dog wrote:

End a rock show with Don't Cry?:haha: I would be out the door or half asleep by the time the first chord was struck. My all time most hated Gnr track.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

End a rock show with Don't Cry?:haha: I would be out the door or half asleep by the time the first chord was struck. My all time most hated Gnr track.

see Dont Cry is one of my favs..to each his own 5

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Reckless Life... RECKLESS LIFE?!?!

Good God man, you were doing well with everything else until hit that.

Niven was pretty sharp until that point. If you really dig the AFD band, i'd probably throw a demo or live cut of Don't Cry on that list.

Otherwise i'd have a total restructuring, on a personal level. Not counting unreleased material, Estranged, Coma, Jungle, City & Rain would probably be the Top-5.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

I love the first half of it but the repetitive wanking and chanting outro shit bores me. I hate it getting dragged out live and I hate it being the last song.

I get caught up in the guitar work and pretty much shut out Axl at that point, so the end of song doesn't bother me as much as it obviously does you.

Yep , you gotta do it there, and in Breakdown (in Breakdown you can just shift your balance over to just the Slash channel)

5. Nightrain

The anthem the world missed; a great mythological lyric, and a sizzling guitar solo out that i still think ends far to soon.

In general I think a fade out ending is lazy, but I couldn't agree with this more.  Slash is blazing, then the song slowly starts to get quieter.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I will say I love Paradise City live. It's great as the last song now. It was wild in 02 when they played it. That lineup really had the outtro chugging along.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nighttrain is the biggest goof by Mike Clink. The fade out was fucking stupid. That solo was just getting fucking going. Did he ever hear it live? That's the way it should have been recorded.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I will say I love Paradise City live. It's great as the last song now. It was wild in 02 when they played it. That lineup really had the outtro chugging along.

I really wish Axl would team back up with the old band, and do PC live again.

The reason I say that is instrumentally Slash & co. still play it best, but I actually like the 2006-07 Axl voice on it best. It was AMAZING when I saw it in 2006 performed live, and even though the new band kicked ass on it, it would probably be pure perfection with 21 back on it.

Board footer